Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no sound through my tivo

no sound through my tivo

Hi i am new and have just set up the tivo with a cache card, all works fine except there is no sound from the channels. i have tested the sound output from the stb teak dv-b300, and thats ok, i can also hear the tivo noises beeps and such.Is there a setting that i havent added?
    thanks trokia

Hi.

Generally no there is no setting you have missed provided you have only set up the TiVo for one A/V input source, however there are a couple of things that would be helpful to know:

1. Are you feeding in more than one A/V input (ie something else other than the Teac STB) and therefore does this TiVo have the second A/V modification? If it does have you enabled the second audio input via palmod_config?

2. Have you tried booting the TiVo without the cachecard connected and does it then have sound?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Hi
    1. Are you feeding in more than one A/V input (ie something else other than the Teac STB) and therefore does this TiVo have the second A/V modification? If it does have you enabled the second audio input via palmod_config?

-JUST one av i/p

2. Have you tried booting the TiVo without the cachecard connected and does it then have sound?
    no

I have already cleared everything and now i will re image the hard drive and start the installation again.

if it happens again i will test it with out the cachecard

thanks for the advice

While your taking the cachecard out, also have a look at what revision it is.

Versions earlier than V2.2 have been known to cause sound issues in some TiVo's.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

hi just to add some info i have
    TiVo Philips Series one unit w/250Gb,Seagate 512Mb Cachecard, teac STB
    I have just reimaged the seagate drive, double checked settings - no sound
    i have removed ram from the cachecard rebooted - no sound
    i have removed cachecard and rebooted - no sound
    i have replaced original philips tivo disk with cachecard driver installed -gone through setup again-as last time picking cablebox and the connection as composite l+r video STATUS OK
    each time i have done this i have connected an rca joiner from input to output and can hear audio from the STB
    Note the tivo sounds fine but the sound does cut in the opening sequence when the tivo is playing with balls, funnels and sled ramps. So still no sound through the tivo with the original drive.
    I have since returned the 250G seagate into the tivo with the same sound issue.
    what do i do now :confused:
    thanks troy
    Last edited by troy; 26-07-2006 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by troy
    the tivo sounds fine but the sound does cut in the opening sequence when the tivo is playing with balls, funnels and sled ramps.
    This is normal.

i have replaced original philips tivo disk with cachecard driver installed -gone through setup again-as last time picking cablebox and the connection as composite l+r video STATUS OK
    "Status OK" implying you DO have sound?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King

"Status OK" implying you DO have sound?

Just the sound that the tivo makes not the STB.
    Last edited by troy; 26-07-2006 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by troy
    each time i have done this i have connected an rca joiner from input to output and can hear audio from the STB
    Not sure what you mean by this, do you mean when running GS and selecting a cable box you can hear the sound of the STB through your TiVo, but not once it reboots?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    Not sure what you mean by this, do you mean when running GS and selecting a cable box you can hear the sound of the STB through your TiVo, but not once it reboots?

Peter.
    not sure what GS is but i just mean that i am proving that sound is coming from my STB and all the leads are working correctly going int the amp.Not at any stage in the process have i ever heard sound from my set top box passing through the tivo.
    Last edited by troy; 26-07-2006 at 09:11 AM.

I'm assuming that you have just purchased this TiVo, where did you buy it from?

It is begining to sound like a hardware fault with the audio input.

Even though you have confirmed the STB is working properly, it's probably worth trying another source for the sound anyway. Try plugging in a radio, cd player, DVD, PS2, Video, Xbox etc and confirm you cannot hear any sound.

If it doesn't work, you may need to speak with your supplier if you bought it locally or talk with Darren as he can most likely either repair the existing fault or bypass it by adding a 2nd audio input.

Peter.