Thread: Can't get to channel 2

Can't get to channel 2

I've just imaged a new disk and using a Teac DV-B350 STB I can get to every channel except channel 2? Every other channel 7, 9, 10, SBS and even ABC2 all work. So I don't think it is the IR codes (used from oztivo database) as it's cabable of selecting channel 21 for ABC2. Don't understand why it won't select channel 2. When I try to select it it just stays on the channel I'm currently on. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Do you have ABC selected in channels you receive ?

Does the STB OSD come up when you press 2 on the TiVo remote ?

I assume pressing 2 on the STB remote brings up the OSD and changes to channel 2.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    Do you have ABC selected in channels you receive ?
    sure do double checked this!

Does the STB OSD come up when you press 2 on the TiVo remote ?
    nope it just flickers and thats it

I assume pressing 2 on the STB remote brings up the OSD and changes to channel 2.
    yeah channel 2 works fine switching it through the STB.

With the flicker when pressing 2 on the TiVo remote, what actually happens.

The TiVo OSD should come up and show 2 being selected and then blank the channel. Usually then the STB changes channel and when the blank screen is removed the new channel should be there, but usually the STB OSD is still visible. by now the TiVo banner should have changed to ABC and show the details of the current show.

Which parts of this work and what's different?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

ok so what happens exactly:

1. I'm currently on channel 10
    2. I press channel up to go to channel 2
    3. Tivo banner appears saying that I'm on channel 2
    4. Screen goes blank then reverts to channel 10
    5. If I press right arrow it says i'm on channel 2

P.S. I only just finished the guided setup about 1hr ago would this have anything to do with it? As usually you have to wait a couple hours before you can start recording.

Quote Originally Posted by razza
    5. If I press right arrow it says i'm on channel 2

P.S. I only just finished the guided setup about 1hr ago would this have anything to do with it? As usually you have to wait a couple hours before you can start recording.
    I've never noticed any issue with channel changes right after GS.

I assume your tivo is not displaying the title of the show currently on 2, while it is indexing.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, knowing 21 works but 2 doesn't.

Peter

ok I tell a lie. When I thought it was going to channel 21 it was actually going to channel 1 which is ten. So it looks like the IR code doesn't like switching to 2 Is there an easy fix to this or am I going to have to run up IRSlice and redo all the numbers?

looks like you will need to recapture #2, you can then replace just this entry with the existing tcl file found on the oztivo IR databse.

Peter.