Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Image suitable for UK TiVo

Question

Reimaged the drive again, took particular care with frequency table (NZ) and tuner type (Philips) (IS THAT CORRECT?). Same result TV1 Missing, TV2 on 6, TV3 on 9, C4 missing, Triangle on 43, Maori on 45, Juice on 61, Prime missing, Alt TV on 67. Still went straight to Dunedin settings, those channels above are selected using number pad on remote.

Thomson its been a couple of years since I've done anything manually on a TiVo and that was limited to setting up the STB codes and setting time etc. can you direct me to instructions for dummies for loading and using the file you supplied, I am onto the FTP and Telnet thing just need locations and commands.

Thanks
    Last edited by finethen; 24-08-2006 at 06:03 PM.

Extract the module out of the zip file, should be a file called ukchan-2.5.5_nz-nicam.o
    FTP the file over to /var/hack
    Telnet to tivo then type 'rw' to remount the file system into read/write
    the module needs to reside in '/lib/modules' named 'ukchan-2.5.5.o'
    there is already a file called that there so rename it for backup (move it) then copy the one you FTP over from /var/hack renaming it in the process
    commands are as follows

rw
    cd /lib/modules
    mv ukchan-2.5.5.o ukchan-2.5.5.o.backup
    cp /var/hack/ukchan-2.5.5_nz-nicam.o /lib/modules/ukchan-2.5.5.o
    ro

then reboot

If the 02112 postcode won't work, you can try the 02113 postcode which I know has the Auckland Lineup, use Cable, No Cablebox, then when it comes to selecting the channels you receive (each channel will be listed twice one for sky digital and the other for FTA)
    untick all the Sky Digital ones, and only tick the FTA channels you receive.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Thanks Jaidev for the howto, just running GS now at what point does one arrive at cable, no cable box as an option? I have as options

1. Aerial Only
    2. Aerial + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial
    3. Aerial + Analogue Cable
    4. Digital Satellite + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial
    5. Aerial + Digital Satelitte

Ok the channel frequencies are now correct yippee, thanks Thomson for your ukchan-2.5.5_nz-nicam.o file and Jaidev for the instruction on transferring. I will work on the line up now 02113 has yielded no service so far 02112 the Dunedin lineup. More tomorrow thanks guys.

02113, 02114 and 02115 yields the no service message? 02112 aerial + Digital Sattelite gains Dunedin FTA plus Sky Digital but no Auckland FTA Lineup. I will try removing all data first to see if we get a different answer.

You get to the Cable, no cable box option by following the Emulator setup on this link..

http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=959

# For dual source cable and satellite setups...

* Select your satellite provider as your external STB as above, Sky, Saturn and so on.
    * When prompted for your cable provider select "No, I do not have a cable box"
    * You will get a list of citys for which there are FTA headends. Select the right one...
    * Select the corresponding service package

# Add all channels, can be changed later
    # For single input users

* the screen then asks about how the box is connected, set to appropriate choice for your environment (either composite a/v in or s-video).

# For dual input users

* You will need to select the satellite box for the 1st source
    * Leave the 2nd source as "Cable w/o a box - coax RF in only" ie. Antenna
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

OK Ureka!!

I did a clear and delete before running the GS again 02113 as jaidev stated contains all channels and Tivo went through and found all FTA channels. Unfortunately they are named for sky digital. The screenshots here after the imaging section and the instructions here are not relevant to the Thomson Image.
    So I am a little confused about some the tips from you Jaidev. I have started compiling a how to but so far its unfinished of course but I reckon we can crack it soon.
    Last edited by finethen; 25-08-2006 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Posted prematurely

the saga..

Hi Andy, and Jaidev.

I'm at the same stage as you now andy after redoing from the new beta image for the thompson uk tivo.

after adding the nicam file and rebooting i get still the same as you.
    dunedin based chanels and now im getting:

TV1 on tivo 2 - perfect
    TV2 on tivo 4 - perfect
    TV3 on tivo 9 - very bad reception
    C4 on tivo 11 - nothing
    Maori on tivo 44 - nothing
    Prime on tivo 60 - nothing

so im guessing that the freq for tv3 is not correct for where i am,
    yet the frequency for tv3 was perfect before the nicam file.

but not at least i also get to see channels 1 and 2 in live tv which i could not do before only tv3.

think i need to figure out how the channel freqs work properly and make a plugin for the tivoweb or just an asp page or something that will allow complete configuration. or at least complete view of configuration.

Jaidev, is there any hidden ways to make a rerun of Guided setup occur easily???

I'll give you a call if i get any further Andy.

Thanks for all your help to jaidev and thompson.
    TiVo Series one unit PVR10UK w/250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, FTA

Main problem with following the emulator instructions is that they dont actually relate to well to the UKTiVo prompts which are different
    As an aerial only guy which one of the prompts below should I follow,

1. Aerial Only
    2. Aerial + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial
    3. Aerial + Analogue Cable
    4. Digital Satellite + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial
    5. Aerial + Digital Satelitte

they are not mentioned in the emulator howto, and so far I have not come across an Auckland FTA option at any stage. TiVo scans the whole channel range so thats a step ahead but is giving channels a name that relates to sky digital. The "You will get a list of citys for which there are FTA headends" is not happening .... YET.

Guided Setup may not be the way to go is there a way to back door the machine?