Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Image suitable for UK TiVo

Pending jaidev's response, this is the Auckland lineup on the FTA postcode 02112

# Auckland FTA
    TV1-AKL 2
    TV2-AKL 4
    TV3-AKL 7
    C4-AKL 9
    TriTV-A41 41
    TriTV-A42 42
    Prime-AKL 59
    Juice-AKL 57
    Maori-AKL 43
    TAB-AKL 55
    AltTV-AKL 62
    #Ends
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

thanks for that, 02112 has so far at different times generated the Dunedin FTA channels and the no data for that postcode during GS , any tips? Might try a new image.

Nope, still showing Dunedin, at what point does one tell the Guided Setup for the Thomson one lives in Auckland? Maybe I should put on three quarter pants, wear my sunglasses on my forehead and sit in a Porsche Cayenne and then try? I will remove the scarf and track pants, TiVo still thinks I am in Dunedin!!

Just so you dont think you are crazy.. mine does exactly the same, from the latest beta image.

Heya Daniel, thanks for the affirmation, I am missing brain cells but not that many. So you have a Thomson with the beta image as well and you are trying to get the current Auckland FTA channels running on the TiVo's tuner? I think we are being punished for having 10 FTA channels and not living in Dunedin? Someone will drop us a hint as to where we are going wrong. There must be a manual method of inserting the FULL up to date Auckland channel lineup? Can anyone assist with a hint or two, cant wait to consign the Phillips VCR (STB) to the bin permanently.
    Last edited by finethen; 22-08-2006 at 06:14 PM.

Hmmm, mine is GS'd against 02113, [strike]Will check out what ukchan module is in that image.. It'd just be a case of compiling a custom one..
    Since my linux boxem are down at the mo, Thomson maybe able to help me out (cheers bud dunno what we'd do without ya) :P [/strike]

Hmmmmmm however it's at the point of GS you are not getting a Auckland lineup, does it show Auckland if you pick "Cable, No cablebox" with postcode 02112?
    Last edited by jaidev; 23-08-2006 at 07:48 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by finethen View Post
    2 55.250 TV 1
    4 175.250 TV 2
    7 196.250 TV 3
    9 210.250 C4
    41 631.250 Triangle
    43 647.250 Maori TV
    57 679.250 Juice TV
    59 775.250 Prime TV
    62 799.250 Alt TV
    If you have any trouble getting the tuner in the UK hardware to tune into these channels then you might like to try using the attached ukchan module as it will setup the frequency table correctly and configure NICAM support. The guide data and headend information would have to be configured from the emulator as that is what would be populating the data.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep that module should already the one used in the image..
    Try the "Cable, No cable box" during GS see if you get Auckland lineup for 02112
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Hiya welcome back to the thread, no Auckland does not show up as an option during GS using that combination although "Cable, No cablebox" is not shown as an option I have tried 02112 with "Aerial + Analogue cable" and it says "no cable providers etc... try another post code". Other options at that point are;

1. Aerial Only (this has been the focus of most my attempts)
    2. Aerial + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial
    3. Aerial + Analogue Cable
    4. Digital Satellite + Digital Cable/Digital Terrestrial
    5. Aerial + Digital Satelitte

I am happy to keep trying options if it will assist others later, even downloading trying a new beta image is no problem as I have no guide data yet on this TiVo and the lounge TiVo continues to purr away, plus the woman in my life is happy of the attention with no TiVo in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson View Post
    If you have any trouble getting the tuner in the UK hardware to tune into these channels then you might like to try using the attached ukchan module as it will setup the frequency table correctly and configure NICAM support. The guide data and headend information would have to be configured from the emulator as that is what would be populating the data.
    Thanks Thomson, am I correct in thinking the frequency table should have been correctly set during reimaging by selecting NZ frequency and possibly Nicam as well when I selected dual audio?

Just have checked the channels by using the numbers on the remote and 1 is missing and the other channels are out by two or three depending on how high up they are e.g. Alt Tv is on channel 67 (should be 62) Maori is poorly tuned on 45 (should be 43) TV3 is on 9 (should be 7) so the frequency is not set correctly although Nicam is. I will try and reset with a new image first as I want to get the guided setup running smoothly and then maybe do a Thomsom setup howto for the NZTiVo site using guided setup noting the traps and tricks.
    Last edited by finethen; 24-08-2006 at 04:44 PM.