PDA

View Full Version : Program Guide Data only goes 3 days?

jeffersonpatrick
09-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi, I am a relative newbie, and in order not to offend anyone I thoroughly searched this forum for a solution to my problem before posting, so if this has been addressed already, I sincerely apologize.
I brought my Tivo over when I moved here from the US, and it works GREAT, thanks so much for this website, I don't know how I would live without my Tivo.
My only issue is this: on the Tivoweb interface, when I go to "phone", it always shows that the call succeeded, and that I should have program guide data for the next 2 weeks. However, on the Tivo itself, when I attempt to scroll through the guide data of any particular channel, it only lets me get about 3 days into the future, and then the program data runs out. Also, when I look at the "to do" list, it is the same--it only goes out about 3 days.
Considering that I should have 2 weeks worth of programming data, why can't I see more than 3 days in the future?
Thanks again for the terrific site.

Darren King
09-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi and welcome.

This is normal. The community server only generates slices with valid guide data for 3-4 days in advance. The two week reference is for the "no nag" channel which always has two weeks of dummy data so the TiVo does not complain about itself running short of guide data.

While TiVo here is VERY similar to your experience in the USA it is not 100% the same as you will find out in time. However for a totally free community based organisation we are not doing too bad either :)

Cheers

jeffersonpatrick
09-03-2006, 11:18 AM
That makes perfect sense, thanks for the quick reply. I guess that is one thing about Tivo here vs. the US that I will just have to get used to. Considering that I did not even think my Tivo would work over here, it is more than acceptable.
Thanks again for the excellent web site!!!

petestrash
09-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Adding to what Darren has said, for FTA data we are limited to what is available from our source.

We usually get about a weeks worth come though between Thursday-Saturday. Usually most Sundays you should have data through to the following Saturday. Midweek updates are rare, but we check each day and build slices if the data is there.

For Pay data we rely on volunteers to enter the data. Because of this, some channels may have a month ahead and others only a few days.

Peter.