PDA

View Full Version : tivo remote not controlling tv

schwaam
03-02-2006, 02:20 PM
hey, i have followed the instructions on how to get your tivo remote to turn your tv on and off....it does this and it also allows you to mute the tv but it wont let you turn the volume up or down....does any one know the solution to this my tv brand is black diamond.

cheers!

zollymonsta
05-02-2006, 08:05 PM
You could try the steps on this page.

As far as I know this screen is visible on our tivos.. if not, change to NTSC and reboot.

petestrash
07-02-2006, 01:39 AM
hey, i have followed the instructions on how to get your tivo remote to turn your tv on and off....it does this and it also allows you to mute the tv but it wont let you turn the volume up or down....does any one know the solution to this my tv brand is black diamond.

Chances are "Black Diamond" was not a major brand when the remotes were programmed years ago.

Try running through the codes again, but this time don't stop at the first successful one you come and see how it goes.

You may not find one that does all function for you though..

Peter.

petestrash
07-02-2006, 01:41 AM
You could try the steps on this page.

Which page were you meaning ? No picture was attached.

Peter.

zollymonsta
08-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Ooops

http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv1034.htm?

MrGadget
09-02-2006, 10:09 AM

cheers!

This comes under the heading 'possibly wildly off the mark' but...

I believe initially Black Diamond was a Mitsubishi brand before being sold (?) off... perhaps try the codes for Mitsubishi TV's first? They may be quite similar...