PDA

View Full Version : problem whilst making daily call

schwaam
29-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey, im a tivo newbie and just got a tivo less than two weeks ago, now i used to make a daily phone call everyday but just today whilest making the phone call i got a message saying "failed whilst preparing data".

What am i doing wrong? Any suggestions:)

DJC
29-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Have you manually loaded logos? and are dialling against the port >=8000 emulators?

schwaam
29-01-2006, 10:09 AM
yes i have logged into the correct emulator....manually loaded logos? what do you mean by that...everything worked fine until yesterday...i havent altered anything so i dont see why it suddenly stoppped working.

Cheers

schwaam
29-01-2006, 03:26 PM
still no luck...any help anyone???

zollymonsta
29-01-2006, 08:26 PM
You need to provide more information before anyone can help.

IE:

How is your TiVo connecting to make it's daily call?
Who is your ISP?
Have you made any changes recently?
Is there anything in the logs?

ZollyMonsta

DJC
29-01-2006, 08:59 PM
...everything worked fine until yesterday...i havent altered anything so i dont see why it suddenly stoppped working.

As far as I am aware nothing has changed on the emulators since '05.

/DJC

schwaam
29-01-2006, 09:50 PM
ok to answer zollymonstas questions, im with slingshot broadband, i connect by entering the tivos ip address and getting it to make the daily call, no i havent made any changes recently...and yes the tivo was suffering from 'warped time' which i followed your guide lines from other posts to fix thanks.

Since then i rebooted the tivo about ten times and tried again and again to make the daily call failing each time..and on the 10th time it worked...go figure!!!

How does this work out???

PS
how do i get the tivo to make a daily call on its own without having to manually do it every day??

thanks

DJC
29-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Use cron to do a daily download.

create a new file

/hack/cron/tabs/root

add the following line:-

30 15 * * * /hack/bin/forcedailycall.tcl

schwaam
30-01-2006, 12:03 PM
so do i just pretty much copy and paste the instructions into a telnet session? what about the ** that you put...am i supposed to input numbers there or just leave as is??

Thanks for your help by the way DJC and zollymonsta......VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Gazzagazzanz
30-01-2006, 02:22 PM
PS
how do i get the tivo to make a daily call on its own without having to manually do it every day??

thanks

Hi there, Gary here, you bought the Tivo from me. I had installed the standard Oztivo image on it, and set the emulator ip address. If you have it plugged into a broadband router with DHCP, ie the Tivo is on your network, then it will or should do it without your intervention, approx once a day. Can you access the Tivo with your web browser via the TiVonet interface? If so, just leave it alone and see what happens with the guide updates.