PDA

View Full Version : Channel id for 'food tv' for loadguiders

jrice
05-11-2005, 10:47 AM
I finally twigged that Sky had added a new 'food tv' channel (it's great how Tivo lets you ignore all thos obnoxious promos, but once in a great while you do miss a bit of useful information).

As I'm not using the emulator, I'll have to add the channel using:

#tivosh add-whole-channel.tcl <channelid> 38 FOODTV "Food TV" 796261/100 (that's my source id - yours probably differs!)

the traditional way...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure of the <channelid> for this - the last time I assumed it I was wrong and had to start over, which was really ugly.

Can someone please let me know what the new Channel ID is?

Digging it out of the slice is really hard work...

Thanks very much.

maddog
05-11-2005, 11:19 AM
I think the channel_id for Food is 1052

jrice
05-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks, but the number I'm looking for is of the form 7998005 (that's the ID for Sky 1).

From the '1052' ID, it's a reaasonable guess that it would be 7998052, but that's only a guess - and if you're adding the channel by hand, there's no way to correct if if you get it wrong.

If you've followed the MFS down to the point where you've seen the 1052, then it's 'ServerId' in the 'Station' structure.

Note that this is also the id in the slice - that's what the Tivo uses to index the data.

DJC
05-11-2005, 01:18 PM
The number you are looking for is 7998038

Take the plunge, jump on the emulator!

jrice
05-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks a heap for that - works sweet.

I'd love to shift to the emulator, but I'm running the original UK image, which just doesn't seem to want to play - never connects.

Re-imaging just isn't an option - it's definitely a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" around here when it comes to Tivo.

BruceC
07-11-2005, 07:27 AM
Hi,

I am using the Developer port 80 emulator and I don't have Food (38), CCTV (93) and Up FM (106) in my guide data.

They are of course available if I change TiVo to that channel but nothing in guide data -

Do I have to do something my end?
I naively thought the emulator added them.

Cheers
Bruce

tonys
07-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Think you have to add them to 'channels I receive' in 'customise channels' then Tivo knows you're interested and grabs the relevant data, something like that anyway!