PDA

View Full Version : Skip 30 seconds button skips to the end in this image :(

26-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Okay I found another bug and its definately not hardware related.

The skip 30 seconds forward button simply skips to the end of the program.

Tried this on all the recordings, its definately a bug.

At first I thought it was 30 minutes instead of seconds.

So I recorded a 2 hour movie and it also goes right to the end :(

Can someone please tell me where the info is in the database so I can fix it, its VERY annoying.

AyJay
26-04-2004, 04:27 PM
It's NOT a 30 second button!

Please see http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/ThirtySecondSkip

Please check the faq before posting.

26-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Ayjay

Thanks for the reply! I found a fix :) and it works!!!!

Please note you must keep the origional file incase you need to go back.

looking you will see a symlink tivoapp
12 Mar 16 07:37 tivoapp -> tivoapp.orig

If you want the old 30 second skip forward do the following:

telnet in

cd /tvbin
rw (changes to read/write)
mv tivoapp.orig tivoapp_new.orig (this renames the file)
cp tivoapp.all tivoapp.orig (this copies the all to tivoapp.orig)
ro (changes to read only)
reboot

Presto now you got the old 30 sec skip, as well as a cool hack allowing you to sort the now playing list in different ways :)

This mod does not mess anything up. If you have any issues you simply do this to restore it 100% back as if you did not touch it...

telnet in
cd /tvbin
rw (changes to read/write)
rm tivoapp.orig (this deletes tivoapp.orig)
mv tivoapp_new.orig tivoapp.orig (this renames the file back)
ro (changes to read only)
reboot

Hope you enjoy, I know I do!!!

tenty
26-04-2004, 05:49 PM
At first I thought it was 30 minutes instead of seconds.

So I recorded a 2 hour movie and it also goes right to the end :(

It should also be noted that if you put it into it's "Fast Foward" mode and press the "Skip to Mark/End" button, it will skip to one of those white markers in the green play bar. This works both fowards and backwards.

I would also like to note that although things can appear "Annoying", it is more frustrating when you haven't RTFM (Read the "friendly" manual <-- Feel free to subsitute "friendly" with word of your choice). Nor have you taken time to read the wiki documents located on http://minnie.tuhs.org/TiVo/

The reason I added these forums was not for people to give you answers, it is to an aid to finding the answers to things you cannot find yourself.

tenty
26-04-2004, 05:55 PM
This mod does not mess anything up. If you have any issues you simply do this to restore it 100% back as if you did not touch it...

Again, if you had read the information provided by the good people at OzTiVo, there were problems of a non-responsive remote control with the "hacked" app.

I am still waiting for Craig to email the list of where he got his hacked app which he claims has been working for 45 days now. From the list:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/oztivo/2004-April/012505.html

In the earlier (pre emu) images, it was permanent.

The way it was made permanent, was by modifying the "tivoapp" file, to
modify something (presumably the button function binding).

Some of the other modifications that were made to this file, caused the
tivo in general to get unhappy after 4 or 5 days, and require a reboot.

I noticed this myself (I'm still non emu), and in the end, I swapped the
modified tivoapp out for the standard one. Now my tivo will run for
nearly 2 weeks.

If you can find details of the modifications made to tivoapp, then you
could try just modifying the parts required to enable the 30 second skip.

and from craig:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/oztivo/2004-April/012506.html

FWIW - I have Emulator RC1 and put the patched TIVOAPP onto this - i have
not had any of the reported problems and have 45 days uptime at the moment

Craig

I am still waiting on Craig's follow up email to see where he got the hacked app from to start trialing it.

26-04-2004, 06:44 PM
tenty,

Could perhaps minnie put a changed info file in the images letting us know what features have changed / removed / added.

Normally in any software or update you have is a simple list stating changes (like 30 sec).

I find the minnie site very hard to follow and you either get more than 20 searches and it cuts off, or get too specific and get none :(

It would be super in the future releases a simple txt file saying what was changed (and a changed file list would be a god send!!, perhaps saving you from redoing your entire machine). Obviously who patches it knows what is different.

I for one will try my best to answers peoples questions here.

Take 9th tee for example and the silicondust forum is now the only feedback for cachecard.

Okay getting back to the 30 second thing. Did you know now I have changed my tivoapp.orig to the all hacked one, the time problem in my other post is GONE!!

So obviously the time problem is something going on in 1.3. My tivo was within seconds per 24 hours with the old 1.0 version, and yes the same cachecard drivers...

Its strange how tivoapp.orig has fixed the time problem. I willl keep you posted but loks great for me at the moment.

I left my NTP server off last night to see how 'bad' it was and its bad, we are talking over 10 mins in 24 hours....

zollymonsta
26-04-2004, 06:48 PM
:D

I always find the 'fast forward' button does an excellent job. A 30 second skip can be annoying when theres a 15 second commercial in the break.

curto
11-05-2004, 03:06 AM
I have now uploaded the TIVOAPP that i use on my Phillips SA S1 to Minnie

This TIVOAPP has the 30 sec skip and has run for upto 50 days without exhibiting any of the remote control problems

Craig