PDA

View Full Version : Optus Digital

Mr Grumpy
28-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi All,
Are there any plans for guide data for the new Optus Digital service that started on Oct 14 2005?
I am upgrading from analogue Optus to Digital Optus but I've just realised that Tivo won't have the guide data and might not know how to even control the new box.
Any suggestions on guide data?

I'll ask the same Q in the IR codes section too.
Thanks,
Tariq

petestrash
30-10-2005, 04:34 PM
IR codes for the box might be up to you to capture if equivalent codes don't already exist (Foxtel cable box maybe?).

As for guide data, we can make a new headend for you if needed. It might not even be needed if it is the same lineup as foxtel digital.

The Optus channel guide is not up on their website yet, so maybe you can go through the foxtel digital channel guide and see if there are any differences and let us know.

Peter

Mr Grumpy
31-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks Mate,
I'll let you know on Sat arvo when the box and guide arrives.

Mr Grumpy
08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Well, as predicted Optus Digital is Foxtel Digital with a sticker over the Foxtel logo on the STU - they call it a set top unit and not a box!

So, my question now is really simple. Short of pulling out Tivo's HDD and reimaging it with new details for guide data, how do I tell Tivo to use a different guide data. The old was Optus cable and now I want to change it to Foxtel Digital.

Any tips are most welcome.
Thanks,
Tariq :)

Mr Grumpy
08-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Whoops, nearly forgot....

How do I tell Tivo to TX a new set of IR codes too?
It might be easier to make a new HDD like building a new Tivo unit- what do you think?

Thanks,
Tariq :rolleyes:

zollymonsta
08-11-2005, 12:18 PM
'Clear and delete Program data and to do list'

Re-Run guided setup...

Choose correct zip code

Then choose the correct 'oztivo' code from the top of the list.

petestrash
08-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Depends on how old the software is you are running.

If it's an emulator version, then just put the tivo into guided setup mode and redo guided setup. This way you won't lose any shows.

If it's an earlier version, now would be a good time to move to r1.4 and start from scratch.

Peter.