PDA

View Full Version : Broken Season Passes again?

zollymonsta
16-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi All,

Strangely, my two tivos had not made a daily call since last Wednesday.
So, I forced a daily call via tivoweb on both. They both now have data, though I'm being nagged as there is less than 7 days of data remaining.

Anyone else having problems?

Wanted
17-10-2005, 03:48 AM
No such problem here.

zollymonsta
17-10-2005, 05:33 AM
I'll take another look tonight. Perhaps it was still indexing.

Cheers.

MrGadget
17-10-2005, 07:23 AM
No problem here either...

zollymonsta
17-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Okies.. problem my end. I probably didn't leave it long enough for indexing. Will confirm tonight.

Thanks.

spike
18-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Funny you should say that. I had all the same daylight savings traumas as everyone else.

I deleted everything, set the flag for GS via tivoweb and rebooted, however this didn't fix my problem. It was only when I ran the dellsources scripts that the GS would now work.

But, my tivo will no longer index. I have tried /var/hack/bin/force_index30.tcl but the last time it indexed was as part of GS.

Bit stumped really.

Spike

zollymonsta
18-10-2005, 03:22 PM
My seasons passes were all working when I got home. I wasn't patient enough for indexing. :rolleyes:

Sounds like maybe you have a warped clock? Have you checked for that?
Are you seeing any guide data at all?

Something you could look at, is this URL

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/MyTivoSaysIHaveNoGuideData

DavidClarke
18-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Zolly,

fixtivotime isn't where this FAQ says it should be, any where else it hides? My clock is warped... Seems to be catching.

Any other ways to fix this?

zollymonsta
18-10-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't think it was included in the latest version of the oztivo image...

I've attached it... you'll need to unzip it on your PC and then ftp it to the /var/hack/bin directory on your tivo . Then type chmod 755 fixtivotime (from memory) :rolleyes: it's been a while ;)

petestrash
18-10-2005, 10:15 PM
David,

which version of the image are you running ?

If it's one of the r1.4's from this year it won't have fixtivotime as it should not be needed.

But there was an error with some of the early r1.4 releases where the wrong ntpdate file was used and can cause warped clocks.

check which version you have by looking in the file /etc/oztivo_version, It should have a date code. if the code is earlier than 20050419, you have the faulty file.

Download a replacement from ntpdate (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/ntpdate)

Peter

spike
19-10-2005, 05:55 AM
thanks for the ideas, but my clock doesn't seem to be warped having checked the logs.

I have however run ntpdate successfully and retried force_index30.tcl but to no avail.

1 interesting thing might be that when I force the daily call via tivoweb it all happens very quickly now, as if it isn't actually downloading anything.....anfdI am getting the nag message "you only have 6 days of guide data left".......

any more clues ?

spike

petestrash
19-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Spike,

1. Have you tried setting new season passes since you re-did GS. After delallsources the station details would have changed on your TiVo.

1. How much guide data do you have.

2. What is the date on /var/timestamp.

3. Do you have any shows currently scheduled.

Peter.

spike
19-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Pete et al,

tivo has indexed itself a few minutes after my last post.

thanks for the help, maybe ntpdate did the trick after all

cheers

Spike

DavidClarke
19-10-2005, 02:45 PM
David,

which version of the image are you running ?

If it's one of the r1.4's from this year it won't have fixtivotime as it should not be needed.

But there was an error with some of the early r1.4 releases where the wrong ntpdate file was used and can cause warped clocks.

check which version you have by looking in the file /etc/oztivo_version, It should have a date code. if the code is earlier than 20050419, you have the faulty file.

Download a replacement from ntpdate (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/pub/Uploads/WebHome/ntpdate)

Peter

Peter,

/etc/oztivo_version = 1.4beta-20050524

downloads OK, gets 80+% through indexing and then fails... At a bit of a loose end

ntpfile

the /bin directory reads as:

0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 22 Oct 18 22:05 ntpdate -> /hack/bin/fixtime.cron
60 -rwxr-xr-x 1 0 0 59473 Mar 30 2005 ntpdate.orig

so how do I replace an alias with a file?

D
:confused:

DavidClarke
19-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Suceeded, for reasons I do not understand mind you......

:D :D