PDA

View Full Version : A problem following daylight saving

donm
16-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Hi Guys

I seem to have dug a hole for myself. I got TiVo going mostly after daylight savings except that it did not begin or end recordings with the usual buffer of time, it did not make any recordings for me other than the ones I asked and it nagged me all the time even though guide data was there so today I did a "clear and delete everything" It started guided setup again but asks me to do a daily call. Problem is that there is nothing under the Recorde and phone setup menu item. What can I do? I expected guided setup to run like it did the first time.

I have a Phillips machine and am using sky digital connected via network with turbonet card to orac on 8000.

Would appreciate some advice here.

Thanks

Don

petestrash
16-10-2005, 02:22 PM
To force a daily call use the "phone" menu on tivoweb or type "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Dcall" into your browsers address bar, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your Tivo's IP address.

Peter.

DJC
16-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Yes it should work pretty much as per the first time, make sure you have eabled PAL GS mode in tivoweb (PAL/NTSC menu).

donm
17-10-2005, 04:10 PM
OK I'm new but can't find info on the sites.

I can FTP to Tivo and telnet.

Cheers

Don

petestrash
17-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking now ?

Peter

donm
17-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Sorry Pete

I have figured out how to run Tivweb server now. Dcall seems to do nothing. Nothing displays on the Tivo.

I may need to reimage the disk but at least i'm learning as I go.

Don

petestrash
17-10-2005, 04:53 PM
The Dcall command should have tried forcing a daily call. The orange light should have come on on the TiVo whilst it was making a call.

Either way, you can watch the progress by selecting the phone option on the tivoweb menu and then select 'make daily call now' the progress should be displayed on the screen as the call is made.

What is 'last attempt status' after the call is completed.

Peter.

donm
17-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I managed to get guided set up to work by enabling PAL guided setup through Tivoweb. Ran back through set up and Tivo is making a call right now so hoping all is now well.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Don

petestrash
17-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Ok, good luck.

Peter.