PDA

View Full Version : Service Unavailable 3..

cshumphries
30-09-2005, 04:59 AM
I'm a bit of a novice on the TIVO side of things - but thanks for all the info.
Have changed the ip addresses in the files mentioned to the orac but it still get failed - service unavailable.
Do I need to do anything else??
It was mentioned that all prgramming data needed to be cleared - how do I do this??
Sorry if i'm asking stupid questions!!

DavidClarke
30-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Me too, had my Tivo for 4 days and have changed my IP address in some way incorrectly and rendered it useless - unable to connect to any emulator. Re-formatting the disk and starting again - much of a pest as I don't have a PC desktop... Would also appreciate the "Changing Emulators for Dummies" guide. Happy to make a pretty PDF with screenshots of the Tivo and the Telnet session and post it here if someone can give me a blow by blow on the recommended approach. Could turn this around tonight... hint!

I also have a question regarding the :80 V2.0 and :8000 V3.0Alpha... As the channel icons are in the :8000, is it advisable to set up initially against the :80 and then switch to the :8000 to get the channel icons and switch back to the :80 for normal operation? I came unstuck doing this, but will admit to good unix, excelent Mac, good PC and negligable Tivo knowledge right now...

Is a better solution to manually load and associate the logos and stick with the :80?

Much thanks, the questions will eventually stop....

jaidev
30-09-2005, 07:11 AM
I'm a bit of a novice on the TIVO side of things - but thanks for all the info.
Have changed the ip addresses in the files mentioned to the orac but it still get failed - service unavailable.
Do I need to do anything else??
It was mentioned that all prgramming data needed to be cleared - how do I do this??
Sorry if i'm asking stupid questions!!

What oztivo image are you running?

So have edited your "/etc/tclient.conf" config file ?
and the following line should read...

# This is for the server emulator on minnie.
127::210.48.107.133:80:::

or

127::210.48.107.133:8000::: (if you want station logos)

If your 127:: line reads 127::127.0.0.1:8000::: then you are running emuproxy...

If you are running the latest oztivo image, you need to change the
emuProxy address in "/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author"
to read..

/hack/bin/emuProxy2 -s 210.48.107.133 -p 8000 &

jaidev
30-09-2005, 09:10 AM
I also have a question regarding the :80 V2.0 and :8000 V3.0Alpha... As the channel icons are in the :8000, is it advisable to set up initially against the :80 and then switch to the :8000 to get the channel icons and switch back to the :80 for normal operation?

We have a number of users who were sucessful in doing this.. But you can skip the initial setting up against :80 first, just GS against :8000 then switch back to :80

DavidClarke
30-09-2005, 09:19 AM
We have a number of users who were sucessful in doing this.. But you can skip the initial setting up against :80 first, just GS against :8000 then switch back to :80

Have reformatted and set up two drives (just in case), will give that a crack tonight and report on results. Much thanks!!

cshumphries
30-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Am running version 3.0-01-1-000

Have edited my "/etc/tclient.conf" config file to
127::127.0.0.1:8000:::

and updated emuProxy address in "/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author"
to read..

/hack/bin/emuProxy2 -s 210.48.107.133 -p 8000 &

Still is failing. Help...

jaidev
30-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Am running version 3.0-01-1-000

Thats the TiVo software version, do you know what release version of the Oztivo image you have loaded? is it Release 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4?

Can you also let me know what your TCID is? So I can lookup in the logs to maybe see whats happening when you connect, Here is how you find it..
http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/HowToFindTheUniqueTivoID

You look like a new user, do you have any recordings saved?
If you don't it may be better if you do a "Clear and Delete All..."

cshumphries
30-09-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm running OzTivo Release 1.4
My TCD_ID=0020000202688B4
I do have recordings saved, so ideally don't want to clear them but will do if it's the only way forward.
Thanks again for your help!

cshumphries
30-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Just released has some more output:-
[TiVo [p0] ~]# grep TCD_ID /var/log/svclog
ird_id TCD_ID=0020000202688B4 CALL_ID=1128090611 TIME=1128090633 ID=532688B4
tcd_driveid TCD_ID=0020000202688B4 CALL_ID=1128090611 TIME=1128090633 HDA=4JS0MXP8 HDB=Unknown
tclient_hangup TCD_ID=0020000202688B4 CALL_ID=1128090611 TIME=1128090812 CODE=65535
tclient_result TCD_ID=0020000202688B4 CALL_ID=1128090611 TIME=1128090812 STATUS=Failed CODE=14

jaidev
30-09-2005, 01:40 PM
can you post you tclient log

cshumphries
30-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Have attached tclient file

jaidev
30-09-2005, 02:17 PM
This is a long shot, however I have experienced an odd bug when I was beta testing the emulator for Dennis, that if the 'svclog' on the TiVo is full or large then guided setup calls would fail, try clearing it...

Im leaving work now, but wont be home till late tonight, may have a look into it later tonight...

I have split off this troubleshooting to a new thread..

star
30-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks for all the info folks.. I just have one question, could someone please enlighten me. I am unable to edit the tclient file because it seems to unwritable. I have tried everything I can think of to change the permissions but it keeps saying "Read-only file system". Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

jaidev
30-09-2005, 08:03 PM
try the command 'rw' (without quotes) that should mount the tivo root filesystem in read/write mode, after you have finished making changes type the command 'ro' which should make it read-only again...

DJC
30-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks for all the info folks.. I just have one question, could someone please enlighten me. I am unable to edit the tclient file because it seems to unwritable. I have tried everything I can think of to change the permissions but it keeps saying "Read-only file system". Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

rw <enter> :)

star
30-09-2005, 08:32 PM
rw <enter> :)

Hehe oops. I guess you can tell I'm a newbie. Thank you! :)

Schumi
01-10-2005, 07:10 AM
Hi all,

Same problem here.

I cleared program and guide data in the TIVO setup as suggested and updated both tclient.conf and rc.sysinit.author. I have tried with or without the proxy, on both standard (80) and dev(8000) ports, but message is always the same - Failed - Service unavailable.

P.S. I can successfully ping the 210.48.107.133 address from a telnet session.

Schumi
01-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Further to my earlier post, this has now turned into a more serious problem. :(

I realised that I can no longer watch live TV - just blank screen. I suppose this happened when I did the GS, which didn't complete. The TV input selection must have re-set. Because the GS doesn't complete I can not get into maintenance mode any longer to do recorder & phone setup, even when I reboot into NTSC mode with GS=0 it forces a GS.

I've looked through quite a few threads but couldn't locate a solution to this problem.
Any words of wisdom from the gurus ??

DJC
01-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Can you try again -- against the dev emu [port 8000] I'll d/l the log and check it.

PM me your tivo id or ip.

/DJC

Wibble
01-10-2005, 06:55 PM
DJC, If it helps I have noticed the following behaviour about 3 times.
(I'm not on the emulator, I just download slices)

I have not downloaded a slice for a couple of days and I have data for today.
I get today's slices and now I don't have data for today.
And the guide says upcoming on all channels and has data for tomorrow or the day after.

Today's situation:
I got my latest slice on thrusday at 7PM (925619 bytes)

I have data till midday today (sat) and from midnight tonight (ie: sun 0:0).
The 12 hour block from midday is missing.

My previous slice was on the 27th ([986499 bytes)

Hope this helps.

DJC
01-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Cheers wibble, will look at that too... somethings definitely up with the slice sequencing.

You guys who are having trouble with the failed service.

We need a little more info on your tivo configs. Make model, custom slices IR? and so on.

The connections are getting through to the first point when connecting to the emulator and then it errors (mlog stage). And does not go further.

We need to check into why.... and whats different to everyone else.

DJC
01-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Also ... can some game person confirm a ClearAndDelete *everything* does not fix the problem.

MMooney
02-10-2005, 06:42 AM
I'll add myself to the growing list

Edited "/etc/tclient.conf" config file to
127::127.0.0.1:80:::

Failed. Service unavailable

Sony SVR-2000 series 1
tcilent log attached
not sure of oztivo version - guessing 1.3 based on 11/04 download
id: 010-0000-1135-8921

Schumi
02-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi all,

Just done a clean set-up as follows:

1. Re-imaged 80G drive
- run palmod to change to 720 res (and made a few colour/contrast mods)
- setup cachecard to DHCP
2. Installed HD to TIVO, ran until service message
3. telnet'd into TIVO
4. Edited tclient.conf
- line after "minnie..." now shows:
127::210.48.107.133:8000:::
- # commented out emuproxy
5. Edited rc.sysinit.author
- # commented out emuproxy
6. Rebooted, and ran setup

Connected first time without a hitch, also connected second time to get program data, and is now indexing. :D

So :confused:

It confirms there is no problem with clean installs, there must be some other mechanism when moving over.

Any logs or data from the old HD of use for anyone to look at?

DJC
02-10-2005, 07:59 AM
It confirms there is no problem with clean installs, there must be some other mechanism when moving over.

Good work...

And more confusing, from feedback on the dev forum there are those who have had no issues changing over... hmmm.

slangnz
02-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Also ... can some game person confirm a ClearAndDelete *everything* does not fix the problem.

Last night, I decided to change over to the dev emulator. This is what happened.

I currently have channels
TV1
TV2
TV3
Prime
Living
C4

1) As I had NO program data, I changed tclient to point to dev emulator.
2) Forced a guide reload using web interface.
3) Guide info came through - all was looking great and had more data than before.

NOTE: when I stepped through a day or so using the remote control, although it had summary guide information (title etc.), then the actual program was highlighted, the detail at the top of the screen wasn't there. It had 'To be announced'.

I thought that this might be a result of my not 'clearing all data' as recommended. So, I did this via. the remote control.

4) Clear all guide data
5) Forced a guide reload using web interface.
6) Guide info came through - all was looking great.

However, turned out that I had the same problem - although the guide summary in the right hand panel when you scroll down with the remote control was there, once you highlighted a progam (from around this morning), there was no detail and instead, there was 'To be announced' there again. The occasional program looked OK, especially when you get to Fri 7th October or there abouts.

This morning, there is no guide information (all 'To be announced') except for Prime.

Now, here's the strange bit. The web user interface has program detail for TV3, Prime, Living and C4, but the Tivo user interface (controlled by remote control) only has guide info for Prime....

Any ideas what's gone wrong here???

DJC
02-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Any ideas what's gone wrong here???

Yep, a few of us have the same issue, me included, it's being dicussed on another thread. I'm looking into this now, suspect a dud slice, rebuilding backwards.

Schumi
02-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Might have reported success a bit early. :o

It's now been 5 hours but TIVO complains "no guide data", "make daily call now" etc... Have not yet rebooted, but don't want to do so in case I upset something. Could this be related to the slice issue reported in the other thread? Or do I just wait .... Can I check status of indexing via telnet?

Having said that, these should probably be treated as two different issues, at least resolving the communication issue is progressing...

cez801
02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi, I tried to change the new emulator - and I can't make daily calls either.

I have a Philips Series 1 with a ethernet connection.
I'm on an image from Dec 04 (so I just changed the tclient.conf settings).

I have tried both 210.48.107.133:80 and 210.48.107.133:8000 and they both give me the Service Not Available Error.

At this stage I just cleared the guide data, season passes and to do list - I've left my recorded shows alone. If I need to I'll delete those too.

I then tried to re-do my guided setup as well. This did not help either and now I'm stuck in the guided setup loop, so I can't even watch what is recorded or do any manual recordings.

Logs are attached.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Philips TiVo with Cache Card, 160GB.

cshumphries
02-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Clean setup worked for me to.

Eyorerox
02-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I am in the same position as cez801
how do you get out of the loop?
thx

Bonzo
02-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I was in the same boat,so I bit the bullet, deleted everything, downloaded the new image (1.4) and reinstalled my Tivo. Everything is now back up and running, with the exception of the holes in the data mentioned in other threads.

I will say that 1.4 is massively easier to install than 1.3 ever was and the instructions available now (http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Welcome_to_NZTivo) made the process very easy. Actually I think it took less time than I had previously spent trying to change between the old and new emulators.

jaidev
03-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi, I tried to change the new emulator - and I can't make daily calls either.

I have a Philips Series 1 with a ethernet connection.
I'm on an image from Dec 04 (so I just changed the tclient.conf settings).

I have tried both 210.48.107.133:80 and 210.48.107.133:8000 and they both give me the Service Not Available Error...

Sorry I have made amendments to this post, the zip file now has two files in it.. One called 'delallsources' the other called 'delsource.tcl' which 'delallsources' calls upon..

I have attached a zip file called 'delallsources.zip' this script has two files in it, 'delallsources' will search your TiVo for any current sources and delete them...
There maybe something lingering when switching emulators causing the 'Service Not Available Error'

So would someone having trouble switching from Ed's emulator to the Orac emulator please download the 'delallsources.zip' unzip it, ftp both files in binary mode to their TiVo to /var/hack/guide and run it on their TiVo..

Make them executable by issuing chmod a+x delallsources delsource.tcl

Then run it by issuing ./delallsources

also available here

ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/scripts/delallsources.zip

Once you have done that, attempt a Guided Setup to the Dev Emulator again...

Schumi
04-10-2005, 11:19 AM
So would someone having trouble switching from Ed's emulator to the Orac emulator please download the 'delallsources.zip' unzip it, ftp it to their TiVo to /var/hack/bin and run it on their TiVo..

Hi jaidev,

Thanks for the good work you and the others are providing, without it we would be so lost.

Can I take it that this script will NOT delete any existing recordings?

Cheers

MMooney
04-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Followed instructions.
Tried to run delallsource.tcl

received:

commit failed (errTmBackgroundHoldoff)

Sorry, I don't have sufficient knowledge to say anything more.

Still no luck with connection

jaidev
04-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi jaidev,

Thanks for the good work you and the others are providing, without it we would be so lost.

Can I take it that this script will NOT delete any existing recordings?

Cheers

Yea, will NOT delete any existing recordings...

jaidev
04-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Followed instructions.
Tried to run delallsource.tcl

received:

commit failed (errTmBackgroundHoldoff)

Sorry, I don't have sufficient knowledge to say anything more.

Still no luck with connection

In simple terms it means the TiVo is currently busy doing something else, try again later..

MMooney
04-10-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Ran delallsources, rebooted, still no luck.

Didn't do GS - how would I force a GS?

DJC
04-10-2005, 02:36 PM
How many people are still in this boat?

and

Has anyone been able to try a 'clear and delete eveything' and then a GS???

wbeasley
04-10-2005, 03:53 PM
So would someone having trouble switching from Ed's emulator to the Orac emulator please download the 'delallsources.zip' unzip it, ftp it to their TiVo to /var/hack/bin and run it on their TiVo..
Make it executable by issuing chmod a+x delallsources.tcl

Then run it by issuing ./delallsources.tcl

Once you have done that, attempt a Guided Setup to the Dev Emulator again...[/QUOTE]

Tried this, and no joy, last time ed's went down I had the same problem.
When I eventually downloaded some guide data I found I could switch from ed's to dev and download the channell logo's. Stayed on that for a week or so and switched back to ed's when there was a problem for a day or 2 on dev
It appears to be an issue for me when I run out of guide data.

p.s If it's any use I dumped the screen when running ./delallsources

wbeasley
04-10-2005, 03:56 PM

and

Has anyone been able to try a 'clear and delete eveything' and then a GS???

I deleted todo list and guide data but not a complete clear and delete as i have 2 much stuff I havn't downloaded yet.

Schumi
04-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Make it executable by issuing chmod a+x delallsources.tcl

Hi jaidev,

Just done this, no success, still not connecting. Must say however this happened when trying to recover from an already failed attempt. Will try to get ty files off and then try DJC's clear and delete everything.

Ciao

clive
04-10-2005, 07:55 PM

Yep, I'm there. Have been ignoring the background noise from the TV room for the last few days.

I've been Edulating happily for a year until the last few days obviously and I followed the advice to go over to orac this evening by deleting prog data and season passes (as I have a fair amount of tys I'd rather not lose). I'm 1.4 and first pointed at :80 via tclient.conf (not emuproxying), then :8000 when that failed as others have reported. 8000 failed at the Connecting ... stage as well.

I take it the advice today is to GS against orac:8000 then switch to :80??? I can't tell if that's proven to sort us ex-Ed refugees out or not but it's too late to muck around more tonight. I'll look at posts here tomorrow evening before deleting all followed by a re-GS if necessary. In the meantime, I'll leave an ftp job running tonight to backup Now Showing. If there's a better way please advise.

Cheers ...

DJC
05-10-2005, 09:58 AM
OK; I've setup the latest and greatest emulator versions to see if that helps with the migration. [Seems most of the updates are about series 2 support]

Anyway ... worked for my slices today ... can one of you guys test it for me and see if you can get past the connecting stage:

orac, same ip, port 8888

/DJC

jaidev
05-10-2005, 11:58 AM
I take it that ex Ed emulator users switching to the Orac Emulator have done the following steps....If not try it! :)

1. Changed their tclient.conf file as explained in this post (http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.php?p=4947&postcount=9)

2. Set TiVo to Guided Setup PAL Mode.
In TiVo Web, choose 'PAL NTSC' ---> choose 'Set PAL Guided Setup Mode'

3. Cleared All Guide Data and Todo list.. (backup season passes first)
From Tivo Central ---> New Messages and Setup ---> System Reset ---> Clear Program Data and ToDo List ---> press thumbs down three times and enter on remote. TiVo will reboot and begin clearing guide data...

4. After clearing all data TiVo will be at Main Menu, TiVo Central. Or it's already started Guided Setup..
From TiVO Central --->New Messages and Setup ---> System Reset --->Repeat Guided Setup---> press thumbs down three times and enter on remote.
TiVo will start Guided Setup mode, continue through guided setup..

At which point during the Guided Setup process does it say, Service Unavailable?

If this fails.. Continue with the following scripts in this post (http://forums.oztivo.net/showpost.php?p=5056&postcount=33)

Sorry I have made an amendment to that post, there are now two scripts in that zip file, read the post and follow the instructions..

When you have successfully run the 'delallsources' script it should output something like this..

Deleting source 12/18181

Once done, it may reboot your TiVo.. Now pressing the LiveTV button on your TiVo, it should complain that it cant display live tv... thats good since you successfully have deleted the source..

Now repeat steps 2 to 4 above... and cross your fingers..

clive
05-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Have tried this 15 different ways but no luck in moving to any of the orac ports. There's stuff left in there somewhere ...

Just a note, every time I ran delallsources, I got a slightly different message, eg first "deleting 749624 12", then "deleting 749624 14" then "... 16" etc.

Happy to try again sometime.

zollymonsta
06-10-2005, 04:50 AM
Just a thought, but are you going through a router or anything like that?

Is your TiVO actually _connecting_ to the emulators?

DJC
06-10-2005, 06:13 AM
We can generally see the connections hit the emulator. The first stage (mlog) is the issue the connection comes it and there is a failure. The suspicion is that the versions differences between the ed-ulator and the new emus on orac is the issue. We'll see whether we can find anything in that with ed's help before resorting to a code bypass [little rusty on perl].

DJC
06-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Have tried this 15 different ways but no luck in moving to any of the orac ports. There's stuff left in there somewhere ...

Just a note, every time I ran delallsources, I got a slightly different message, eg first "deleting 749624 12", then "deleting 749624 14" then "... 16" etc.

Happy to try again sometime.

Yep good could you please try again on orac port 8888. (or anyone else with the transfer problem)

It will fail; but I've added a number of test points to the first stage of the emulator code so we can see excatly where it fails. (and maybe why?)

DJC
07-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Anyone able to run this test for me?

jaidev
07-10-2005, 05:47 PM
DJC I imaged up one of mine with 1.4 ready to do this.. although this weekend i won't have the time... will do it from Monday

DJC
07-10-2005, 06:05 PM
DJC I imaged up one of mine with 1.4 ready to do this.. although this weekend i won't have the time... will do it from Monday

Cheers, excellent work as always..

clive
08-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Just a thought, but are you going through a router or anything like that?

Is your TiVO actually _connecting_ to the emulators?
hmmm, let's see ... tivo => switch => switch => firewall router (iptables via shorewall which is a very grumpy troll) where we jump subnets => adsl modem (NAT, another grumpy troll) => internet (several routers in there) => router(s)@orac ... and return in 55 ms. It's constantly amazing to me that this actually works without a single bit getting lost. Tivo logs show connection to orac to a point where it fails, so our issues are between tivo and orac.

clive
08-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Yep good could you please try again on orac port 8888.
Sure. Have left it alone for a couple of days to rebuild user confidence. With only 1 Tivo in the house and lots of users it's not a trivial exercise to get a timeslot for testing (especially on one that ain't currently broke)!

Can you confirm that you're after a quick IP switch to orac and run a daily call (which will fail). Or do you need the whole GS routine run?

Update: have done the simple daily call :8888 hit as above at 10:38 am. tclient attached, with fail on 8888 and subsequent success back on Ed.

Let me know what you need next.

DJC
08-10-2005, 06:48 AM
No just a quick switch to orac and a daily call on port 8888

Had a quick look at the logs and cannot see your connection -- are you sure you've got the right ip/port?

Can you have another crack? cheers/DJC

clive
08-10-2005, 07:04 AM
-- are you sure you've got the right ip/port?

Just attached my tclient log to previous post. Shows I tried to connect with 210.48.107.133:8888 at 10:39.

Tried again at 11:13. Error log lines are :
CommUtil: connection to host 210.48.107.133, port 8888, err 0x50005
tmk tcp connect failed, reason = Operation now in progress

DJC
08-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Yeah, I dont think your getting out from the looks of that, it looks like tivo already thinks its dialing for some reason.

Tried a reboot? then a reconnect?

From the logs the last touch on the beta testing emulator 8888 was 6:46 am this morning (and that was my tivo).

I'm looking just to capture one little snippent of log from a full connection attempt to contibute to jaidev's theories...

clive
08-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I dont think your getting out from the looks of that, it looks like it already things its dialing for some reason.

Tried a reboot? then reconnect
Just done.
Failed, same error. Reconnected to Ed and connected no problems - go figure. I need to go now but will check back later this afternoon. Sorry i couldn't have been more helpful - maybe one of the other Edulatees can have a crack.

Cheers,

Clive

DJC
08-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Just done.
Failed, same error. Reconnected to Ed and connected no problems - go figure. I need to go now but will check back later this afternoon. Sorry i couldn't have been more helpful - maybe one of the other Edulatees can have a crack.

Cheers,

Clive

Ok. thanks for your help so far. I can confirm you are not actually connecting to the emulator so that was probably the problem you had previously, although the problem does have a similar result to the other ed-refugees, its not same or the problem we are trying to address to make all emulators compatible.

clive
08-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Ok. thanks for your help so far. I can confirm you are not actually connecting to the emulator so that was probably the problem you had previously, although the problem does have a similar result to the other ed-refugees, its not same or the problem we are trying to address to make all emulators compatible.

Figure this one out ...

Just got back to this and thought I'd give orac:80 another shot after getting no connect to orac:8888 this morning. Data for Africa!!! Solid connect, clock sync, data galore and its now busy loading. Not sure what all this looks like from the Tivo UI as it's in use and I'm poking around remotely via telnet and tivowebplus. I'll check once it's loaded and let you know what we have onscreen.

Did we just have to wait for slice numbers to unravel themselves or has someone been fixing things on 80?

Update: Data loaded successfully and looks good onscreen. Have data till Thursday. Will play around with season passes, may have to set them up again.

More: orac:8000 still fails but :80 is good. Hope someone can figure out what this all means ...

DJC
08-10-2005, 01:22 PM
If you have logos manually loaded 8000 will fail, it has a logo slice, and thats the main difference between it and 80 at present.

Gazzagazzanz
09-10-2005, 07:12 AM
I'm on 8000 and since I moved there a couple of months back all channels show the Cartoon Network logo. is this the way it should be?

DJC
09-10-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm on 8000 and since I moved there a couple of months back all channels show the Cartoon Network logo. is this the way it should be?

Nope; all logos should be as per stations.

I've heard of that [all cartoon thing] with a headend update since we dont yet have the logos indexed against channels (job for a rainy day).

Go to tivoweb and automatically re-associate the logos they should come right.

SeanOffShotgun
09-10-2005, 08:00 AM
No that's not good!
Try the TiVoWeb(Plus) 'Logos' menu and click on 'Automatically Associate Logos'. I think that should do it for you.

EDIT: Bah! DJC you beat me by a minute!

clive
14-10-2005, 12:07 PM
If you have logos manually loaded 8000 will fail, it has a logo slice, and thats the main difference between it and 80 at present.I've never had a logo slice loaded, or any other non-show data slice for that matter.

BTW, have any of you other Edulator users also successfully made the transition to orac:80 over the last week? For me (after a lot of mucking around) in the end it was a simple matter of an IP address change in tclient.conf.

Mine is still running great and the data looks nice. No operating issues noticed by my beta testers during the week. I know I've still got deep set issues re ports 8000 and 8888 but I'm ignoring those for the time being.

cez801
14-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I made the transition, by doing a complete re-image. In the end I gave up on trying to get my old image to work.
It took me less than 2 hours (the install process for the new image is easier than the old one) - the only drawback is that we lost all of the recorded shows, which upset my 3 year old :).

The guide data on the new emulator is great and all is well 6 days out.

brucer
22-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi Ed, is your emulator down at the moment? I'm now getting "service unavailable" whenever I try to connect (I'm connected via IHUG FWIW)..

sdan
22-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Hi - I have just run out of data and am getting service unavailable on 64.151.65.200:80 and 210.48.107.133:80
Should 200 be back up since recent problems?
Regards
Brian

DJC
22-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Pending Ed's reply; I suggest you try the following.. in this order..

#1 - 210.48.107.133:8000

#2 - 210.48.107.133:8888

#3 - 210.48.107.133:8889

/DJC

EDIT: Ensure you have that port open and available, test by ensuring you get a "Done." result from http://210.48.107.133:XXXX/tivo-service/mlog.cgi where XXXX is the port being tested.

sdan
23-10-2005, 02:20 AM
Thanks djc - 210.48.107.133:8000 does appear to have worked although the web interface still claims no service available - If I kept clicking on connect I could see the downloading progress stepping up but after 20 seconds or so it would revert to "service unavailable".
Thanks for the help.
Regards
brian

brucer
23-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Following Clive's post I decided to just try changing the IP in tclient.conf to point to orac:80, forcing a daily call via TivoWeb it connected, downloaded and appeared to get most of the way thru loading data before it stopped with a "failure".. I then tried LOADGUIDE, still pointing to ORAC and it went all the way thru then comlpained at the end about my area code (couldn't find it).. but I now have full guide data again. Would the postcode error cause the daily call to fail? Is there a simple way to change it without going thru guided-setup again? At this point I don't feel like pulling it all apart and re-imaging, if neccessary I'll just go back to using LOADGUIDE but it would be great if there were a simple way to fix the daily call..

DJC
23-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Ok, good, that {possibily} narrows things down.

If its the area code then we should do a couple of tests to check it out.

Can someone volunteer to assit me if I load in updated area codes, or the edulator area codes (which looks different to 002)

... involve a few forced daily calls to see the result, I can't similate the issue as I don't have the problem.

brucer
23-10-2005, 08:44 AM
I'd be happy to help so long as it won't destroy my Tivo :D

DJC
23-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Also ...

can one of you guys with the areacode issue go into tivoweb and post details of your

/AreaCode key

brucer
23-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Directory listing of /PostalCode
Name Type Id Date Time Size
02113 tyDb 12704 08/21/04 02:23 116

DJC
23-10-2005, 09:08 AM
OK what about the /AreaCode should be the top one on the tivoweb list

brucer
23-10-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't see an AreaCode entry (looking under MFS right?)

Directory listing of /
Name Type Id Date Time Size
Component tyDir 3 01/01/70 00:04 40
DataSet tyDir 13481 04/28/04 18:28 24
Database tyDir 1615 10/23/05 11:28 552
Genre tyDir 1353 01/01/70 00:04 1752
GuideIndexV2 tyDir 2271 10/23/05 11:58 372
GuideIndexV2.temp tyDir 27817 10/23/05 11:58 4
Headend tyDir 12701 04/28/04 18:18 16
HeadendPostalCode tyDir 12702 04/28/04 18:18 24
HeadendTms tyDir 12703 04/28/04 18:18 20
LogoGroup tyDir 13474 04/28/04 18:28 52
MessageItem tyDir 47092 05/07/04 10:35 48
Person tyDir 810380 12/25/04 22:09 12
PostalCode tyDir 12705 04/28/04 18:18 16
Preference tyDir 27868 04/28/04 20:36 12
Recording tyDir 1510 04/29/04 11:40 244
Resource tyDir 1513 01/01/70 00:03 72
Rubbish tyDir 2294 10/23/05 11:58 36
Schedule tyDir 2275 10/23/05 11:10 296
SeasonPass tyDir 27837 04/30/04 17:27 32
Server tyDir 5 10/23/05 11:37 4332
Setup tyDb 2274 12/16/04 18:20 4524
ShowcaseIndex tyDir 27810 10/23/05 11:39 216
ShowcaseIndex.temp tyDir 28159 10/23/05 11:39 4
State tyDir 2273 03/16/04 15:55 180
StationTms tyDir 2351 08/22/04 08:05 1492
SwModule tyDir 1549 01/01/70 00:04 112
SwSystem tyDir 2270 03/16/04 15:54 40
Theme tyDir 291688 09/26/05 09:19 32
User tyDir 2293 03/16/04 15:55 16
tmp

DJC
23-10-2005, 11:50 AM
OK, can you see if you can do a sucessful daily call now (port 80 emulator right)

brucer
23-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Cool! Dialled, connected, downloaded and went thru "loading data.." followed by "succeeded".. :)

DJC
23-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Ok, just to be sure can you try once more, should fail this time /DJC

brucer
23-10-2005, 01:00 PM
(doing it now)

brucer
23-10-2005, 01:06 PM
That succeeded also.. looks like it's working anyway (even if you're not quite sure why ;) ) at least there's an easy path for existing users to move to the new emulator..

DJC
23-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Damn odd is all I can say... thanks for your help. /DJC

ehintz
24-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok, as y'all may have noticed, .200 is no more. My webhost shifted colos due to suspicion of the recent disk failure being caused by environmental issues at the old colo. At this point I have no intention of getting it going on my webspace again as Wibble/DJC have a duplicate running now on orac. So budeebudeebudeebudat's all folks. :) Apologies for the late reply to the thread; as luck would have it this went down just as I was going up to AKL to pull a marathon rack shift:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ehintz/404527.html

So after the insane travel and rack rebuild I didn't have the energy to deal with figuring out Tivo stuff. Anyway, my personal box is going to Orac, and as I'm not doing it anymore I'd suggest everybody who's left make the shift... Sorry for the hassle.

zollymonsta
24-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Ed.. Much appreciated.

Man, what a mess that rack is! Looks like the contractors didn't even know how to put rack mount brackets on correctly!! arg!! :)

ZollyMonsta

Ok, as y'all may have noticed, .200 is no more. My webhost shifted colos due to suspicion of the recent disk failure being caused by environmental issues at the old colo. At this point I have no intention of getting it going on my webspace again as Wibble/DJC have a duplicate running now on orac. So budeebudeebudeebudat's all folks. :) Apologies for the late reply to the thread; as luck would have it this went down just as I was going up to AKL to pull a marathon rack shift:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ehintz/404527.html

So after the insane travel and rack rebuild I didn't have the energy to deal with figuring out Tivo stuff. Anyway, my personal box is going to Orac, and as I'm not doing it anymore I'd suggest everybody who's left make the shift... Sorry for the hassle.

jaidev
24-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Ok, as y'all may have noticed, .200 is no more.

End of an era, thanks for your great work Ed really appreciated..

ehintz
25-10-2005, 05:05 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Ed.. Much appreciated.

Man, what a mess that rack is! Looks like the contractors didn't even know how to put rack mount brackets on correctly!! arg!! :)

Aye. It was all rather frustrating. Another rather odd bit was routing power cables on the side of the rack, and ziptying them in place. Of course, with another rack on the side, it's virtually impossible to remove the zipties, and thus the power cables. I couldn't get those out until *every* machine had been removed. Bizarre. These guys just didn't seem to think past the end of their noses.

ehintz
25-10-2005, 05:06 AM
End of an era, thanks for your great work Ed really appreciated..
Couldn't 'a done it without ya mate. :)