PDA

View Full Version : indexing/season passes problem

Benji
24-08-2005, 12:50 PM
A bit of background:

I installed a new DSL router the other day, and inadvertantly changed the gateway IP to a different one. The only device this afffected was the tivo as everything else works on DHCP. So for about three days the tivo couldn't make a daily call till I figured this out. Once I changed the tivos networking setup I thought I'd solved my problem :) but it was not to be. The todo list shrank at an alarming rate even though the daily calls were succeeding until there was nothing in the list and none of the season passes were being recorded. Having seen this before I touched the timestamp file and forced an indexing, which to my surprise only took about 4 minutes according to the system information menu. Rebooting and doing this again had no effect, neither did redoing the guided setup. In desperation I backed up my season passes then deleted the guide data and todo list and redid the guided setup unfortunately this has not worked and indexing still only takes about 4-5 mins and my season passes fail to show up in the todo list.

Help!

tonys
24-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Are you still getting 'clock is warped' messages in the TVLog?
I noticed this morning that my Tivo hasn't indexed since Friday, didn't have time to do anything other than check the tvlog and I'm getting 'clock warped' messages, which is normally fixed by touch timestamp and forcing a reindex, hope it's nothing more difficult! We had a Telecom outage on Friday/Saturday, which means it missed a couple of calls, wonder if there's a link?

DJC
24-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Which emulator you guys on? ip?

MrGadget
24-08-2005, 04:04 PM
There seems to be an issue on the Orac emulator after missing a few calls - see ongoing posts at http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?p=4521#post4521

tonys
24-08-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm on the standard emulator, just done a touch timestamp and forced index and all's well again.

Benji
25-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Are you still getting 'clock is warped' messages in the TVLog?

No, in fact I never saw any to start with. I did however try the touch timestamp methd anyway, with no luck.

B

Benji
25-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Which emulator you guys on? ip?

The orac one, on port 80

B

Benji
25-08-2005, 09:14 AM
The orac one, on port 80

Or so I thought, well it looks as if my problems are solved, and were all my fault, apologies if anyone has been scratching their heads too hard.

When I first had the problem of the daily calls failing with service unavailable I looked into the possibility that my ISP had started invisbly proxying. Consequently I setup my tivo to use emuProxy....when I realised that the problem was with the gateway IP address I put everything back the way it was, or so I thought! I have in my tclient.conf file all of the emulator addresses, and just comment out the ones I don't want to use, and you guessed it, I commented out the orac emulator and was trying to use ed's. I'm a little surprised it got as far as indexing at all without throwing a wobbly, but there you are. Interestingly the backup of my season passes has failed to restore correctly and I'm having to set them up again, however on the plus side the tivo is working again and my SO has backed down on her threat to leave :)

Thanks for the help.

B