PDA

View Full Version : irSliceCreator Problems

morespam
14-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi,

I got my self a Nordmande KMDG-47 SD STB and there are not codes avalible for it, so I have to create my own.

I setup irSliceCreator and am able to capute a keypress (I tried 1) the problem is when I go to test code it says:

Select key to transmit: 1
Trasmitting 1
TiVo IR code header missing.

Does anyone know how to slove this problem?

is there an offical site or forum post for this utility?

Thanks.

morespam
14-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi,

Ok an update on the above problem.

I tried captureing other codes and it seems that the above error is only present when you try to test key 1, it works fine for all other keys (2-0, enter).

morespam
14-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi,

Looks like I narrowed down the problem and found a work around.

It seem a if the latest version of irSliceCreator does not properly create a code file (keyx.code) for key1 no matter what key you use on the remote.

So the obviouse workaround is to then capute your channel 1 key to key2 in the program and then modifiy the line that says "setIr $tivoir "Dig2"" to read "setIr $tivoir "Dig1"" and rename the file key2.code to key1.code.

After you do this you have to recaptue channel key 2 again to replace the "dummy" key 2 flie you created.

Simple enough :p

Anyone have a better solution or have the same problem?

petestrash
16-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Thought I'd join the conversation you were having with yourself :)

I haven't noticed the behavior you mentioned. But have been stuck capturing certain buttons before and could only resolve it by deleting the corrupted file and recapturing.

Peter.

Grant Randle
09-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I've just purchased a Tevion TSTB18 STB from Aldi. The IR codes for Tevion didn't work during guided setup, so I've been attempting to use irslicecreator. I have successfully captured and tested all buttons except 1&2. I get the following message after transmitting 5 successful captures:

Got good code of length 3. Good Codes:5 Codes Required:5
./irslicecreator.sh: kill: (298) - No such pid
Converting code...
Storing code...
Ir Slice Creator v0.9b by Brad McGill

Any clues out there?

PS I tried the work around of using another number to capture 1 or 2, but the same message appeared.

petestrash
20-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry, been away.

Usually if you delete the corrupt files and reboot TiVo and try again it works.

Peter.