PDA

View Full Version : tivo not cooperating.. :)

starchee
08-08-2005, 10:47 PM
i have a problem with gathering tv guide data. happened after id uh had the wrong network cable unplugged from my switch and had gone a week or so without making a call.

i hooked it back up, rebooted, made the call home, and then, i had the list of shows on the 'grid' (using tivowebplus) but none of my season passes were working. and, when i clicked on a show it would not be shown on the list of upcoming episodes. i also tried to record by time/channel and select cold case tonight, but, every channels shows at every time were showing up as '0'

my daiily callw as successful. but i figured it mighta screwed up, so i called/rebooted a few times hoping it would magically work, and it didnt. sooo on another thread i saw the advice, system reset/ reset todolist and guide data. and i did that, and now....

Last Successful Call: Monday, Aug 08 at 9:35 pm
Last Call Attempt: Monday, Aug 08 at 9:35 pm
Last Attempt Status: Succeeded
Next Scheduled Call: Wednesday, Aug 10 at 12:38 am
Prog. Guide Data to: Thursday, Jan 01, 1970
Software Version: 3.0-01-1-000

... that shows up when i click 'phone'. um, how can i fix it?

any advice is muchly appreciated :)

Darren King
08-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Sounds like the clock is warped.

petestrash
09-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Sounds like the clock is warped.

Look at the first problem and solution here FAQ/ProblemsAndSolutions (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/FAQ/ProblemsAndSolutions) for answers.

Peter.

starchee
09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
mmm yep i believe that was my original problem, which i kinda made worse by resetting the program guide data/to do list.

im gonna leave it for a day or two and hope it fixes itself when it does its own call home. sigh, i really should have read the faq's before trying to fix it myself :P

at the moment theres no guide data at all, and forcing a call doesnt help.. ill ask for more advice later if it doesnt fix itself :/

starchee
10-08-2005, 08:27 PM
alright, it somewhat fixed. though, at the moment i only have data for a few channels each day. is there any way to fix this?

moral to this story is dont unplug the tivos network cable for extended periods of time :P

petestrash
11-08-2005, 12:24 AM
It is either still indexing the new data or you may have a corrupted database, both of these normally clear by themselves over time.

But if you want to speed it up you could execute 'Clear Program Data & To Do List' from the System Reset menu, under Messages & Setup.

Peter.