PDA

View Full Version : HELP - our TiVo freezes at Your Recorder is starting up, please wait a moment....

Sandy
01-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Firstly, a big thank you to all who make TiVo possible in NZ/Aust!

We've had our TiVo nearly a year now and just love it :)

I thought I'ld make a small improvement to it, namely, to see if there was a setting to check for dial tone before dialling out to get data (currently wife has to run to pull out TiVo's phone cord if it dials out while she's on the phone).

I had thought I had found such a setting in the rc.sysinit.tivohack file with dbsetx /State/PhoneConfig DialToneCheck 0, so I commented out the line with a # (perhaps I should have changed the 0 to a 1 instead). So I;
rw
nano rc.sysinit.tivohack (and did the above edit and saved the change)
ro
reboot

Now our TiVo sits (all night) with Your Recorder is starting up, please wait a moment.... with the colour picture. :(

Is there anything I can do to get TiVo to boot? TiVoweb and Telnet (through PuTTY) are unresponsive (I'm sure it hasn't booted or finished booting).

Do I really have to reimage the hard drive?

If I reimage a brand new hard drive, can I get any of the TV programs off the old hard drive?

And, is there a safe way to enable dial tone checking?

All help much appreciated.

regards,
Sandy

petestrash
01-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Try:
Howto/StopRebootLoop (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Howto/StopRebootLoop)

Even though you are not in a reboot loop, It deal with methods that you can use to try and fix your tivo.

Peter.