PDA

View Full Version : Installation Freezing at Autoconfiguring Devices

skankingaround
22-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi please help I have burnt the image to cd it boots fine , loads up however it's freezing when it gets to autoconfiguring devices, 200gb seagate hdd 7200rpm brand new, amd xp 3200 2gb of ram any ideas what the problem may be?

please help as its driving me crazy!!!

skankingaround
22-07-2005, 11:09 PM
sorted it out. twinham DTV card caused the issues

skankingaround
23-07-2005, 07:49 AM
NOO the whole setup seemed to have gone smoothly it has downloaded all the data however there is no picture showing says the recorder cannot display live tv i have a digicrystal set top box connected as the one input device which i setup as cable i have the ir blaster connected an all that side of things seems to be fine, i really dont know what to do any help would be appreciated.

cheers

zollymonsta
23-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Have you run guided setup in pal mode?
If not then no you wont see any pictures, nor live tv as it's displaying in NTSC mode (and your set top box is PAL standard)

skankingaround
23-07-2005, 08:18 AM
i think i ran it in pal mode how can i confirm this?

TiVo set for PAL Guided Setup. Please Reboot.

root=/dev/hda4 runideturbo=false TV_STD=PAL GS=1

skankingaround
23-07-2005, 08:20 AM
i just confirmed running guided setup in pal mode now will post results... it did say pal when i web browsed to the tivo and had a read though..

skankingaround
23-07-2005, 08:22 AM
still no luck i am running scart to rca from my set top box would this be causing it?

Darren King
23-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Ah. I think you have just phoned me, yes?

Now that I know you are running a DigiCrystal STB I can safely say the SCART to RCA cable that comes with the STB will work as I have a DigiCrystal 8800 and this works fine on one of my TiVo's.

As stated on the phone your options in this order are:

1. Try another input device (eg Playstation/VCR/DVD player) and see if that gives you valid video.

2. Redo guided setup

3. Reimage the hard disk

4. Seek professional help as it may be a hardware issue although this seems doubtful. To be sure I would be trying to redo guided setup twice and try one at a time for RCA firstly and then S-Video input the next time as these are separate and one may be faulty, but there have been occasions that both are fauly as they run into the same input chip and these particular chips easily fry themselves too and are responsible for quite a swag of TiVo faults including the dreaded "green line" issue and intermittent loss of A/V. (I'm talking about the SAA7114H for anyone technically minded). You will probably need to buy an RCA to S-Video adaptor plug like the type shown on my website if you do not have a SCART to S-Video lead or can't buy one readily.

skankingaround
23-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Thankyou so much for your help Darren I have it sorted out now, next time i am down your way i will be sure to get a carton of beer to you!

picture seems to be a little 'zoomed' in and not fitting the screen correctly, option on the set top box or the tivo?

cheers once again and thankyou for your help

Darren King
23-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi again.

Glad to help and happy it is now going fine. The SAA7114H chip is one of the smallest on the board and I can replace them but it is a tedious job so glad it was not that :)

Regarding the zoom I have noticed this too and just live with it. I'm pretty sure there is a setting in the STB to take care of it. Actually I find the DigiCrystal 8800 to be excellent for use on a TiVo as there are a few preference options that help make it "TiVo friendly". One of the first you may want to modify is the incomplete channel change timeout as this makes changing channels a lot faster.