PDA

View Full Version : Pace Cable Box

sadrake
13-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I've given up on the Motorola 335 , Sky a going to swap it out for a Pace.

From what I have read the built in codes should work? Can someone confirm this - Thanks

Extract from nztivo.net from 1.4 guided setup...

Now select the cable box brand for your system (my Sky box is a Pace unit - I selected that then played around with the IR options).

DJC
13-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Confirm, built in codes work.

sadrake
14-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Sweet Thanks.

Sky man comming on Saturday, Finally a Tivo that will be able to change channel.

MrGadget
15-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Will Sky change out the unit free of charge?
I've updated the 1.4 guided setup page to indicate possible IR problems with the Motorola boxes - anyone else had similar issues and resolved them?
What about other makes aside from Pace & Motorola - no issues with built in IR codes?

sdan
29-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Hi - I have just swapped my Motorola 355 cos I too can't get IR to work. They have given me a Pace DSR600 but when I select Pace and 20001 the IR still does not work. Have I screwed up some settings by previously running the Motorola tcl file and do I need to replace with a Pace file - if so can someone point me at the Pace codes as I have had no luck locating them.
Cheers
Brian

Tuatara
29-07-2005, 11:19 PM
They have given me a Pace DSR600 but when I select Pace and 20001 the IR still does not work. Have I screwed up some settings by previously running the Motorola tcl file

Only if you were using 20001 when you chosen the IR code to use in the tcl file. (I've done it myself.)

Cheers
Matt

sdan
30-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Yes I probably did overwrite 20001 - can I get a Pace ir code file somewhere?
Reran guided setup but didn't fix.
Cheers
Brian

Tuatara
01-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Yes I probably did overwrite 20001 - can I get a Pace ir code file somewhere?

I don't think so. I had a pretty quick look around and didn't find anything. In my case it was no real drama to reinstall, so that's what I did.

Knowledgeable people would probably know where to get the IR code out of a vanilla install. Err ... more knowledgeable than me ;-).

Cheers
Matt

petestrash
01-08-2005, 03:49 PM
You might be able to drop the version number to zero and then when it calls the emulator, it will pickup the new codes.

You will find the values here:
http://tivo/mfs/Component/Code/20001

and use something like dbsetx to change them.

Peter.

sdan
02-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the help guys - in the end I got a friend with a Tivo to dump me the contents of his http://tivo/mfs/Component/Code/20001 and I assembled an ir.tcl file copying the format of one posted for a different decoder. It rewrote the ir code in the right place and am a happy Tivo owner once again.
I will post the file on Minnie's site in case anyone else should need it - I hunted for days and couldn't find the Pace codes.
Regards
Brian