PDA

View Full Version : Wrong time displayed?

Curry
07-07-2005, 03:54 PM
When accessing some stations in the guide data via the remote button "Live TV" the time in the program on the right is not the current time.

An example

I press "Live TV" and scroll to the Ovation Channel on Foxtel, the program list is displayed on the right. Normally the program at the top would be the currently showing program with the following programs listed below. In this case the program at the top is 12am, which as a result stops me from selecting that channel from the guide.

This affects quite a few foxtel channels, but not all, free to air is unaffected.

I have checked the system time to be okay and rebooted, but to no avail

Any thoughts?

zollymonsta
07-07-2005, 05:57 PM
When accessing some stations in the guide data via the remote button "Live TV" the time in the program on the right is not the current time.

An example

I press "Live TV" and scroll to the Ovation Channel on Foxtel, the program list is displayed on the right. Normally the program at the top would be the currently showing program with the following programs listed below. In this case the program at the top is 12am, which as a result stops me from selecting that channel from the guide.

This affects quite a few foxtel channels, but not all, free to air is unaffected.

I have checked the system time to be okay and rebooted, but to no avail

Any thoughts?

Sounds like the software clock and hardware clock (?) are not in sync.

Try doing a

settime -rtc

at the telnet prompt and reboot.

Curry
13-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks Zollymonsta,

I have already done a telnet command to set both the Software and Hardware to the same time, however I will give your telnet command another go.

At this stage I am thinking that I will have to do another Guided Setup :mad:

Cheers

Curry