PDA

View Full Version : Undelete

BruceC
08-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Hi,

For the first time I accidently deleted a show I really need back.

And I know via TiVoWeb you can undelete shows - but that appears to only show the last (in my case) 11 most recently recorded shows that I deleted.

In this case the show I need back was recorded months ago so does not appear in that short list.

Is there some way via Telenet maybe to pull a show back?

Regards
Bruce

thomson
08-06-2005, 06:48 PM
In this case the show I need back was recorded months ago so does not appear in that short list.
The TivoWeb module does not have any limits in it... it should be listing all of the shows that can be undeleted. When you delete a show the "blocks" containing that show will be placed on a free list... and the oldest block on the free list is used when a new show is recorded. I think what you might find has happened is that the TiVo has made a recording since you deleted your show and used the blocks associated with the deleted show - in which case you will not be able to undelete it. In summary, if it is not available via TivoWeb, then you are most likely out of luck.

BruceC
09-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the sad news....

Good info to know though

Bruce

MrGadget
09-06-2005, 04:05 PM
What was the program - someone may... be able to ... "tell you what happened"... ;-)

BruceC
10-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks MrGadjet

But it was just my 2yo boys favourite episode of Hooley Dooleys - One where he got to show us his dancing skills!

No drama - for me - but if I can't continue to bluff him in to watching other things I may suffer with a mighty 2yo paddy !!

Cheers
bruce

Wanted
10-06-2005, 11:45 AM
my 2yo boys favourite episode of Hooley Dooleys - One where he got to show us his dancing skills!

I don't know exactly what a Hooley Dooley is but I don't like the chances of anyone here having it.... or admitting to it if they did. :D