PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous recording?

oscarg
06-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi guys. This is my First post. I made my ozTivo (NZ variety) about 8 months ago, and I think it is the best thing since sliced bread.
I apologise if this question is answered anywhere else, or if it is painfully obvious to any of you.
Is it possible for my series 1 Philips HDR212 with Oztivo image 1.3 to record from two inputs simultaneously?
I realise it may require the extra audio mod, and or the PAL tuner mod, but what I want to know is if the actual kernel/hardware is capable of recording from two different inputs (preferably while still able to play back) simultaneuosly.
If the answer is "Yes" then I shall bore you further with a couple of hack/plans I have.
Thanks

Oscar

Darren King
06-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Is it possible for my series 1 Philips HDR212 with Oztivo image 1.3 to record from two inputs simultaneously?
If the answer is "Yes" then I shall bore you further with a couple of hack/plans I have.
Thanks

Oscar

Hi Oscar and welcome!

The blunt answer is: No

Why? Because the MPEG encoder can only do one stream at a time.

As to your other hacks maybe now would be a good time to remind people that there are TiVo's out there that CAN record more than one stream at a time but these are Series 2 units.

We have to crawl before we can walk however, so to get any Series 2 TiVo of any description going in PAL video we need the programming information on the Broadcom BCM7020 and BCM7040 chips. These are protected under the NDA (non diclosure agreement) so in the last couple of years we have not got very far but still worth the reminder.

oscarg
06-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the fast answer.
back to the old drawing board.
cheers
O.

Darren King
06-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the fast answer.
back to the old drawing board.
cheers
O.