PDA

View Full Version : Programme guide update problems.

streetrj
14-05-2005, 03:06 PM
My OzTivo updates have been working fine for 5months until it recently stopped updating. I can connect to the Tivo via my Airnet card and PC just fine. However, if I try to access the 'Recorder & phone setup' menu it just returns to the menu again. Similarly, if I try to do a complete guided setup, the unit loops from gudied setup to the top of the menu tree. I cannot, therefore, force a daily call (even by TiVoweb). Tivo Web reports that a test call is fine but just hangs on making a daily call.

I'm using software version 3.0-01-1-000.

Any suggestions on how to kicksart this again?

Darren King
15-05-2005, 07:39 AM
My OzTivo updates have been working fine for 5months until it recently stopped updating. I can connect to the Tivo via my Airnet card and PC just fine. However, if I try to access the 'Recorder & phone setup' menu it just returns to the menu again. Similarly, if I try to do a complete guided setup, the unit loops from gudied setup to the top of the menu tree.

Hi there.

What you have just described is normal as the OzTiVo image won't allow you to do things like you would with a "normal" TiVo in the USA. Here's how to get to where you want to be:

1. Gain access to TiVoWEB by pointing your web browser at the IP address of the TiVo (looks like you already know this part)

2. Go to the PAL/NTSC tab

3. From within this menu pick "Set PAL Guided Setup Mode"

4. Reboot TiVo

5. When you get the main menu appear on the TiVo, go into "Messages And Setup" and then "System Reset" then "Repeat Guided Setup" like you have tried before. This time it will work.

Then follow the instuctions here:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Install/GuidedSetup30

Not sure why your TiVo is hanging on the daily call however. The guide data system has recently changed from V3 to V4 but if you are running a Guided Setup type operating system then this is a seamless change anyway.