PDA

View Full Version : S-Video TiVo input behaves strangely

Tony
15-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Gidday all,

Ed has my TiVo working beautifully (will someone please give this man a job offer so he can stay in NZ?!).

One thing that has been taxing me is that when I use S-Video input into the TiVo it gives a distinctly peculiar looking image, with a purple and green shadow cast over the image.

It *looks* like misadjusted colour phase - something I haven't seen since working on OB shoots ten years ago. On composite input its fine.

This isn't taht important really, as the composite input is fine... but in theory S-video would improve it a bit. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tony

Dalc
15-04-2004, 10:16 AM
This is mentioned in Tim's howto, and faq I think, just change the SCART output to s-video in the sky box's "advanced" options.

tenty
15-04-2004, 06:58 PM
One thing that has been taxing me is that when I use S-Video input into the TiVo it gives a distinctly peculiar looking image, with a purple and green shadow cast over the image.

I saw this with SCART and the TV I just recently purchased. I haven't had any time to play with it yet, but I have 2 inputs, one of them is scart for RGB video, and the other is for the YCbCr.

I don't know if this affects things, it's just an idea. But I noticed that when I plugged it into the YCbCr input, it had the symptom you mention. I don't have enough time to check whether or not this is true for both S-Video and Composite though. But will post when I have the chance to check this theory.

Cheers

Tony
11-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi all,

I've obviously been spoiled by professional gear... have never heard of having to manually set which output to use with a menu setting.

Works, though!

If your S-Video input looks funny colour-wise, you probably have to go into the Sky box's settings and manually set it to S-Video output. Then all will be well, and your images will look a bit better.

Cheers,

Tony