PDA

View Full Version : Gidday & Maori TV

Tony
15-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Gidday all,

I'm a brand new TiVo devotee (thanks Ed Hintz!) and want to start by thanking you all for your stirling efforts getting the whole enchilada to this point. GREAT work!

I'm a documentary filmmaker professionally, and run a production company. We have good inhouse expertise on various video-related issues, which I'm hoping might come in handy to the community here somewhere down the track.

Anyway, to be a cheeky bugger right from the get-go, I for one would really appreciate some listings for Maori TV... they're playing some cool stuff, including some great old documentaries (check it out!). If you guys would be willing to throw it into the slice I'd definitely use it.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work.

Tony

timmy
15-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Tony,

7998033 Maori "The Maori Channel"

ok here's the channel info for the Maori Channel.
u can use that info with add-whole-channel.tcl to add the channel to ur Tivo.

eg

tivosh add-whole-channel.tcl 7998033 33 Maori "The Maori Channel" $1

replacing $1 with your AV Source ID (eg mls / setup -> ID Num, etc)

Note that I have now added this to the add-all-sky-channels script on my tivo howto page so if you plan to resetup just download that file again so you wont need to do this step. Note also if you using Ed's emulator it won't show up until he makes or gets another headend slice from Jaidev with this channel added..

Also note that the sky website doesn't have the Maori channel listings so setting up this channel is something of a waste of time. I am not interested in writing a grabber for this channel but when we move to sat extraction then it'll have it for sure. It's possible it'll show up on the sky site next month... mah

cya mate

ehintz
18-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Note also if you using Ed's emulator it won't show up until he makes or gets another headend slice from Jaidev with this channel added.
I actually had this done Saturday night, but didn't announce until now-was testing with my own box, which required getting it onto the emulator first. Anyway, the channel is there and functional, running a daily call should add it to the lineup. My grabber script isn't happy at the moment, having migrated from OpenBSD to Gentoo Linux, so there are no listings yet. I may attack this tonight. Listings will probably be sporadic though, the source seems pretty flaky; last night they had no listings at all, now they're good through Thr. only.

timmy
18-04-2004, 05:51 PM
u wrote a grabber for Maori TV?

zollymonsta
18-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Hrm... strange.

And isn't it dangerous (well, making it more obvious to the providers)
if more than one person scraps the listings off the websites?

timmy
18-04-2004, 07:22 PM
dangerous? hmm... a little extreme. it's not a bomb dude...

nah theres numerous people scrapping off sky's site, i've been in contact with some of them thats how i know. obviously sky seems to turn a blind eye to it, not sure why tho. Their site isn't designed in-house, not sure about the site hosting. anyway, sky is the worst cause the programme descriptions are on seperate pages so to get a full listing u have to really nail the site. ~1200 pages for a days listing. anyway, other sites are more sensible and have the listings on the same page, eg nzoom, saturn, so you could have many people grabbing and it would'nt be a problem.

The Maori TV listings aren't on Sky's site (yet). >> http://www.maoritelevision.com/

ehintz
18-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Heh. I didn't say I *wrote* a grabber... :D Discretion being the better part of valor, I don't think I'll tell post publicly where I can source the data from, but if you check the various sites that A: carry MTV listings, and B: have only data through Thursday, I think you can figure it out... There aren't a whole lotta sites meeting that criteria. I developed a workflow for getting listings back when Daniel was having troubles with his grabber. It's kludgy, but fairly usable, especially for individual channels and one-offs. It's nowhere near the quality of Tim/Jaidevs, but it works in a pinch.

:cool:

ehintz
19-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Ok, there's some rudimentary MTV data in the emulator. Nothing really there other than show names, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

timmy
28-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Maori TV data has shown up on sky website. It'll be in the latest slice and will show up if you've set this channel up as mentioned in an earlier post.

enjoy~

ehintz
29-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Maori TV data has shown up on sky website. It'll be in the latest slice and will show up if you've set this channel up as mentioned in an earlier post.

enjoy~Right then. Unless somebody really hollers for it, I'll not scrape any more data, and just wait 'till it shows with the rest of the data.

timmy
29-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Ed, does your headend slice have the maori tv channel?

ehintz
29-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Ed, does your headend slice have the maori tv channel?Yup. I added it in back on the 18th. Until now I've been creating a MTV slice for guide data (just give it a different date range and the emulator treats it like any other guide data slice). Used the same ID as your add-sky script. I'm trying to keep all the IDs consistent (and if by chance you add other channels to the add-sky list holler and I'll add 'em to the emulator, just so everybody has the same lineup regardless of method used to add channels).

zollymonsta
29-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Ed, Do you use a different emulator version than the OzTiVo version?

ehintz
29-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Ed, Do you use a different emulator version than the OzTiVo version?AFAIK we're on the same revision.