PDA

View Full Version : Which iso?

blackers
02-03-2005, 01:25 PM
This is almost certainly a very easy question but as it's not clear from the FAQs I'll ask it anyway.

I am awaiting my US Tivo from george and I thought I'd prepare my hard drive.

I want to make sure I download the correct .iso image.

Tivo/files/images/iso has several iso files - hdr112.30.oztivo_emulator.release1.3.iso, ozTiVo_installer_HDRX12-20050222.iso and ozTiVo_installer_SVR2000-20050222.iso.

The first one is the name I see in the FAQs and on these forums, but it won't let me download that one, it says I don't have permission to access it.

My guess is that the second one is the one I want but I want to make sure.

Can anyone help with this?

TLF
02-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Your guess would be right, it's the ozTiVo_installer_HDRX12-20050222.iso, just got my TiVo yesterday, took me awhile to figure out which iso to get aswell :)

blackers
02-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks. I went ahead and downloaded it and just finished imaging my hard drive. Logged back on and found your response! Can you guess I'm the sort of person who doesn't RTFM?

It is obviously a brand spanking new installer for the image (judging by the date of 22/02/05) and very nifty it is too. Much easier than the process described in the TWiki and plenty of warning notices to stop fools hosing their regular hard drive.

Now I just need to know who to thank.

Darren King
03-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Ed over at www.oztivo.com is who is responsible for putting it all together. He dose not frequent these forums but prefers to stick to the original email broadcast messaging system you can sign up to over there.