PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a new user

Wanted
15-02-2005, 04:55 AM
Hi,

I just got my TiVo running yesterday and I have a few questions.

First of all is there any way to turn off the blip and pop noises when you're browsing around the TiVo menu?

Secondly, I am using the emulator for NZ and was wondering if it's always around two days worth of data or not. I ask because of the message on the bottom of the screen that's always there saying "you only have 2 days of data..blah...blah...update now".

Thirdly, What do you do when you aren't using the TiVo but leaving it to record stuff? Do you just leave it in the watch live tv mode or do you stick it in standby (I think I saw a standby option in the menu's somewhere).

Any help with any of these greatly appreciated.

zollymonsta
15-02-2005, 08:31 AM
First of all is there any way to turn off the blip and pop noises when you're browsing around the TiVo menu?

Yes, from memory its under 'system information' then select 'my preferences' (going from memory here as I am at work).

Secondly, I am using the emulator for NZ and was wondering if it's always around two days worth of data or not. I ask because of the message on the bottom of the screen that's always there saying "you only have 2 days of data..blah...blah...update now".

Have you loaded the nonag slice file? Do a search under the NZ forums for it as it was noted just recently. Once you load this dummy file it won't nag you anymore.

Thirdly, What do you do when you aren't using the TiVo but leaving it to record stuff? Do you just leave it in the watch live tv mode or do you stick it in standby (I think I saw a standby option in the menu's somewhere).

Just turn your TV off. TiVo always defaults back to Live TV anyway (after about 5 mins I think). You can use standby, but there's probably not much point.

Wanted
15-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks, I haven't done the no nag slice yet. I'll try it tonight.

edit: That's weird, I already have a channel called nonag on there and I haven't done anything yet.