PDA

View Full Version : IR Blaster codes

bhiern
14-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Question ? When the channel number is pressed on the Remote Control. Does the IR blaster send just the number or Zero padded? That is, if I select channel 3 on the remote does it send "3" or "03"?

I am trying to build a IR file for the Topfield TF4000T set-top box which for some reason uses the Digit 0 key on the keypad to change the aspect ratio. Hence in my test so far the aspect ratio keeps changing as I change the station. From discussions with Topfield support this cannot be changed, so if the TiVo is sending left-padded number codes then it may not be a going concern with this STB (or any Topfield box by the sound of it!)
:(

DavidSymons
17-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Hi,

Yes it will zero pad the number to either two or three digits.

You can change this behaviour though (as long as you don't need to use any 2 digit channel numbers):

http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/oztivo/2004-July/015599.html

Another way would be to set the code for zero to something benign when you set up your codes.

Cheers, Dave.

bhiern
09-03-2005, 09:16 PM
David,
Thanks for the advice. I'll give the reducing the number of digits sent technique a go and see what happens.

PS this is all for my father who is happens to be in Canberra as well, so it's goo to know that there are other Tivo-philes in the ACT.

cheers,
Barry

mobelby
10-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Glad you're trying to create the IR codes.

I had no luck using tivo to get the codes for a strong srt5000, which also had an issue constantly pixellating channel 10 even though the signal strength and quality were both very high.

I've had my eyes on the topfield as a replacement for the strong/teac/nextwave (I've tried and returned/sold a few) so any thoughts you have on this box would be very welcome plus whether you think you'll get an IR slice working

Thanks

Moby