PDA

View Full Version : Endpad Question?

lagomatic
04-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Hello Guys,

I've had a look around the OzTivo website and can't seem to find any resources regarding Endpad.

I've just got a few questions regarding Endpad. Is endpad installed on the OzTivo image, if so is it turned on by default? I've generally just been manually padding my season passes, adding a bit at the begining and end on the shows I really don't want to miss.

If endpad is installed and turned on, is it nescessary any longer to manually pad season passes shows.

Any help would be appriciateds.

Thanks

John

ps how does one configure endpads padding units?

DavidSymons
04-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi lagomatic,

EndPad's "home" is this thread on tivocommunity:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136658

It is installed and enabled on the OzTiVo image. It is started via this line in the file /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author :

/var/hack/endpadplus.tcl 5 10 -auto

This means that, if there is room (ie. the TiVo is not set to record something "adjacent") it will add 5 minutes to the start and 10 minutes to the end of the recording.

You can change its behaviour by editing this file and rebooting the TiVo (I use 1 and 10).

Be aware that Manual (or Hard) Padding can have unwanted effects. In particular it can prevent the recording of "adjacent" shows because the hard padding makes the TiVo think that they overlap. This was the motivation for (the brilliant) sanderton to write endpad.

I only use hard padding for those shows that, if we miss the end, mean a night in the chookhouse (we don't have a dog) :) .

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Oops. It's actually endpadplus (an endpad derivative) that's installed. Information on it is here:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31854

Its operation is pretty much the same as I've described.

Cheers, Dave.

lagomatic
04-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Hello Dave,

Thanks for the reply & the chookhouse advice ;), had a similar situation with Desperate Housewives, thank god the repeated episode the next day! Servere backpedling!

Cheers

John