PDA

View Full Version : tivo software/hacks

starchee
03-02-2005, 02:51 PM
hi :)

ive got my tivo up and running really well, and ive been playing around with season passes and such (cant wait till the series that are just starting now get regular and stop showing 3-4 pilots a week!) and, i decided to start looking for hacks. in particular the 30 second skip one. its still evading me. i also saw endpage, and thought id install that.. only to discover that its already on. oh how i wish i had have known that before spending 30 minutes adjusting my season passes to start early/finish late, and trying to not miss any shows because of it!

can anyone tell me what other things are installed automagically? and maybe point me at a page with a list of all the software with descriptions. ive been to dealdatabase's forums and im still not sure which hack will allow me to skip 30 second blocks on recorded shows. or if its even a hack. i cant find it on my remote at least.

i *think* ive installed hackman, but i notice no difference to my um, tivowebserver, no new menus etc.. maybe its not executable.. or maybe i need to execute it somehow :P or maybe i need 'hacks' for it to list!

any help/advice would be appreciated!

Darren King
03-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Have you ever visited the OzTiVo website? (no.... i'm not talking about this forum)

starchee
03-02-2005, 05:43 PM
yeah i have. i know i have a habit of asking stupid questions, but i guarentee ive read every faq on the site once, and some upwards of 5 times. maybe i just have poor knowledge retention or something. read so much information ive forgotten what ive read already :) the software link has info for the buffer hack, and hackman, and a few other things.. i seriously cant find the 30 second skip one. ive searched the newsgroup archives, and only picked up the fact that it causes you to need to reboot your tivo more often if you use it. ive searched the forum here as well. hrm.. i might try googling it...

sorry to be a nuisance, i normally dont ask questions, just read as much info as i can, but i read about this 30 sec skip thing somewhere and have no clue where it was.

Darren King
03-02-2005, 07:18 PM
No nuisanse at all! Don't sweat it I'm getting old and my memory retention is slipping so I know how you feel :)

30-second skip is on by default if I remember correctly. Have you pressed the little round button just above the "3" key while playing something?

starchee
03-02-2005, 08:00 PM
mmm that key is skipping to the end of everything ive recorded. the button to the very left of that does appear to be back 8 seconds at least, which is handy. is it a file ive gotta edit to make it skip only 30 secs?

DavidSymons
03-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi,

I think (but am bracing for the cluebat attack) that the 30 second skip is actually built into the TiVo software and hence is not actually a hack. So it's already there but it isn't enabled by default. Here's how to:

Start playing an existing recording. Press: Select Play Select 3 0 Select (on the remote) and then the TiVo should go bing to indicate success.

Note that if the TiVo reboots, you'll have to re-enable it again.

Cheers, Dave.

starchee
03-02-2005, 10:56 PM
very cool, it works :) thankyou!