PDA

View Full Version : Emulator IP changing again

ehintz
22-01-2005, 03:02 PM
My webhost is moving to a new colo center, so the IP gets to change again... New IP is 64.151.65.200. This thread (http://oztivo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386) (from the last change) should have instructions necessary to change the IP on your /etc/tclient.conf file if you need 'em.

Again, sorry for the hassle. Things are afoot here which may result in me bringing my domain back in house; if it does the IP won't need to change so commonly. Ironic really; hintz.org had the same static IP (and killer uptime) for 3 years back in San Fran, but now that I've got folks using the static it's changing all the bloody time. :rolleyes: Regardless, presuming we ever do create a full NZ image, I'd still be keen on going to DNS on the TiVos...

Downtime is scheduled for 12:01am to 4:00am Pacific Standard Time, Saturday
January 22nd; that would be 21:01NZDT 22 Jan to 01:00NZDT 23 Jan. (that's 9pm-1am tonight).

TerminalAddict
24-01-2005, 07:18 AM
I have a static IP which I am quite happy to donate to the cause. :)

I've got 1mbit upstream on a wave IP address, that has been static for 2+ years now, and I have nagios monitoring the connection, so I could provide good stats of downtimes etc (which so far has been cause by power cuts, and when wave moved from hamilton to auckland) Since wave moved I have not experienced any note worthy downtime (a couple of micro outages for a few seconds)

If your interested let me know, I'd be glad to host your services (and I would charge anything :) ... )

ehintz
24-01-2005, 08:11 AM
Cool, thanks... I've got a couple of things in the works right now; there's a possibility of actually getting it into a full on data center environment (that I may be sysadmining shortly) so that's my preference. But if it doesn't pan out, perhaps this is an option.