PDA

View Full Version : Repeating Guided Setup

Pastos
14-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone

I am fairly new to Tivo and managed to get it up and running after struggling with the Zenith IR codes. Although I eventually got the Tivo to change channels on the Zenith STB, I had already called SKY who came and replaced it with a new Pace DSR2000 model. (I know - if it ain't broke...). I now have 2 problems that I am hoping someone can help me with.

1) I was of the understanding that the Pace model was supported on the emulator but I found that neither of the IR codes listed in the guided setup would change channels on the STB during guided setup. Does this require a reboot after completing guided setup to work and if so which code is the correct one, 20000 or 20001?

2) Guided setup completes the 1st Set Up call but will not complete the second Program Call failing with the message Service not answering.

I have looked through the forums for possible answers but without success. Apologies if this has been dealt with before and thanks in advance.

Pastos

ehintz
14-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Reboots will be required... Dunno about codes, I'm on a Moto box myself, so somebody else will have to address that. As for re-running, how much has been recorded with this? If it's still a fairly new install, you're prolly best off to just nuke the drive and start fresh. Re-running GS generally works, but when it doesn't in can sometimes be a fiddly mess of a week or so getting the silly thing sorted. So if you don't already have a bunch of recordings or season passes or some other compelling reason to keep the existing data your best option may be to get a fresh start.

Pastos
15-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Decided to take your advice and reformat the hard drive. This time the guided set up worked as planned and I was able to select and test the IR codes for the Pace STB during the set up without having to reboot first. Tivo is now up and running again.
Thanks for the help.

Pastos :)

ehintz
16-01-2005, 05:53 AM
Glad you're sorted...