PDA

View Full Version : Colour Bleeding

STu
21-11-2004, 08:21 PM
I've noticed on four separate TiVos built with the current OvTiVo image, a kind of colour bleed generally seen as a shadow below a solid dark area. It's obvious on cartoons but can also be seen as a blue shadow beneath the top black border on a widescreen show.

The good news is that the latest versions of palmod on the OzTiVo site seem to resolve it. Be sure to get the September version which includes the updated palmad_config but also then update to the November version just released. (A side effect seems to be a slight colour flicker for a couple of seconds when changing channel) and don't forge tto backup you old versions of the 2 files being replaced first.

You really don't notice how obvious it was until it's gone and then you stumble across some old recordings with it still there.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has noticed/flixed this.

cheers
STu

Dalc
24-11-2004, 07:37 PM
No idea what the new files do, but when I set my tivo up back in April, first thying I noticed was that it was grossly oversaturated. Once I found the palmod config this was easily fixed and np.

Do the new files do something extra besides give you a palmod.config file with decent settings?

thomson
24-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Do the new files do something extra besides give you a palmod.config file with decent settings?

They don't give you any default settings, but do alter some decoder parameters in an attempt to clean up some issues with s-video inputs. I am currently using RF for both input and output on both my TiVo's so do not know how good a job they do, but many people do notice an improvement.

STu
25-11-2004, 05:51 AM
They don't give you any default settings, but do alter some decoder parameters in an attempt to clean up some issues with s-video inputs. I am currently using RF for both input and output on both my TiVo's so do not know how good a job they do, but many people do notice an improvement.

The "clean up of issues" in the newer palmod's definitely made a big difference in removing the vertical colour bleeding in my setup on s-video!

Dalc
25-11-2004, 07:10 AM
So its now better than composite input?? Well, as s-video should be, but previously on the Tivo, the composite input has always been much better than the s-video input.