PDA

View Full Version : re-run guided setup mode

scroll
01-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Hi,
Just having a problem getting back into maintenance mode.
I am about to change over to a new satillite digital box and I need to redo the IR setting and the channelsguide.

I have tried doing the PAL /Guided Setup mode thing in TivoWeb, then reboot. IT comes up with the maintenance mode screen, then blanks and reappears with Tivo Central screen (as normal).

I have tried telneting in and doing the bootpage command and then rebooting, but it gives same result.

I must be missing something....
Can anyone help?

DavidSymons
02-11-2004, 09:18 AM
Hi scroll,

The "PAL Guided Setup" mode enables the menus that don't work when in normal mode.

You should now be able to select...

Messages & Setup
Recorder & Phone Setup
Cable/Satellite Box
Cable Box Setup

... and choose the new IR codeset.

HTH.

Cheers, Dave.

scroll
02-11-2004, 11:55 AM
thanks Dave...
I was waiting for it to come up with guided setup starting from the very beginning again...now I can get into the IR selection. I'll wait till I actually get the satellite box and see what model they leave me with and do a search on this site for the best IR code.
I was also wandering how to change the guide channel info, at present I download the old guide for my present setup, but I see no way of choosing the guide for the new digital programs (eg. science discovery, techtv, etc...) are there slices available for these?
thanks heaps,
Scroll

DavidSymons
02-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Hi Scroll,

You might already have the channels available and you've de-selected them during Guided Setup. If so there is a "Channels You Receive" option in the menus where you can change the selections. Even then the channel numbers may be changing when you go to the new service.

I reckon you'll have to re-run Guided Setup to choose Foxtel Digital Satellite (sighs jealously - wishes he could have watched Michael Clarke's maiden Test century). Re-running GS is another of the menu options that is enabled by "PAL Guided Setup" mode.

I'm not near a TiVo at the moment but I think it's accessible from here:

Messages & Setup
System Reset
Redo Guided Setup (or the like)

I'll edit this post tonight if that's incorrect.

Cheers, Dave.