PDA

View Full Version : Directv remote on Philips Series 1 TIVO?

JohnB
18-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi. I have to get my hands on a remote for my machine. Are the Series 1 remotes with the "Directv" logo ANY different from the remotes that come with a HDR31202 for example (the model I'm getting)?

An example of a remote I'm looking at (the guy is selling heaps of them) with "Directv" logo at the bottom can been seen here:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11725&item=5725143254&rd=1

The remotes look identical other than that and I can't find any concete answers to this question in the forums or FAQs. Thanks for any info yas can give me!

petestrash
20-10-2004, 01:18 PM
I haven't heard of any compatability problems with remotes designed for TiVo or Phillips branded units. Sony and Toshiba are a different story. As these are being marketed as Philips replacements they should work fine with all series 1 tivo/philips units. Even the S2 tivo remotes with a device switch work with S1 machines.

Peter.

zollymonsta
20-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Will work fine. The latest TiVo I ordered from George came with one of these remotes. It actually has an additonal button 'display' for the banner which is rather handy. There is another button that does nothing, which from memory is 'Menu'. So yes, should work just fine.