PDA

View Full Version : IR Code Capturing

zollymonsta
21-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Has anyone in NZ had a go at capturing IR codes from remotes using the TiVo itself (via the OzTiVo guide) ?

I had a quick go the other night but found the info a bit confusing regarding editing lines together and ensuring the count for each digit file showed the same amount of line/characters (eg 40).

Keen to be successful with IR code capturing to create IR files for various boxes/vcrs :)

ZollyMonsta

gabiwabi
22-09-2004, 03:40 AM
You could try
www.remotecentral.com
They have the largest database of IR codes.

Cheers,
Eli

zollymonsta
22-09-2004, 06:14 AM
I could be wrong, but to me it looks like they only have codes for multifunction remotes.

zollymonsta
23-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Oh dear.. well I had a crack tonight and failed. Now TiVo #2 is unhappy and in constant reboot mode. Time to re-image again.. *sigh*

brucer
24-09-2004, 05:48 AM
The article below explains how to use Pronto codes (from an actual Phillips/Marantz Pronto remote or RemoteCentral files)

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/IR/IRConversionAndSetup

I used this info successfully to create IR codes for the Sky "Zenith" decoder via my Pronto.

zollymonsta
24-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Ooo a pronto.. Yep, saw them for sale on ascent.co.nz for something like $938.. a bit pricey. Don't have one of 'em myself, sadly. Looks a lot easier if you have one of those.

zollymonsta
24-09-2004, 10:32 AM
I should add, do you know of anyone selling a second hand pronto remote for a resonable price? :)

Grant
25-09-2004, 06:58 PM
A long time ago in a land far away..

I borrowed a pronto from a hifi shop to test compatiblity in a corporate application. specifically checking useabililty and compatibility for video conferencing applications.

If a fella got desparate and possessed large nads a similar line might gain the use of a pronto for 48hrs at no charge....

zollymonsta
25-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Heh Heh.. good thinking. could be worth a shot.

Sinbad
08-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Ihad a look on remotecentral and found a possible set of pronto codes for my box (Multichoice satellite receiver).However, i have not had much luck reading through the decompiled files to find the pronto codes? The ones I seem to find start with 5000 not 0000 and are very short?
Am I being stupid?

Ta
S

Darren King
08-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi Sinbad

Any reason why you have not tried the new IRSliceCreator written by Brad McGill on the OzTiVo website?

http://anastasia.geomonkeys.com/irSliceCreator.zip

Sinbad
09-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Hi Sinbad

Any reason why you have not tried the new IRSliceCreator written by Brad McGill on the OzTiVo website?

http://anastasia.geomonkeys.com/irSliceCreator.zip
I gave it a shot. It found my signal length and managed to capture some keystrokes, no problem, but I had no joy getting the tivo to send the keystrokes to the satellite box.

Is there a nifty way to check the frequency of the remote using a pronto file? Cos I suspect the default list of frequencies doesn't contain mine...

Thanks! :)
Steven

Sinbad
09-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Scratch that request!!! :)
A little birdie told me that Tridge's Foxtel slice would work for my decoder, since the Foxtel decoders are made in South Africa...
I now have a fully functional tivo!!! Hooray! Thanks for the help :) (well apart from the EPG problem)

Steven

Grant
12-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Howdy all,

I've used winLirc to capture and create IR remote codes for controlling a MP3 player and the process looks very similar to the IR capture process off oztivo. If it is related then $10 worth of parts does away with the need for a Pronto or Dragging it out of the Tivo's onboard receiver.

So - has anyone used this method? - ie capturing ir codes directly to a pc's comm port and converting using winlirc before processing into a tivo file?

Reason I'm interested is I'm about to setup a satellite box and am expecting some grief with the IR blaster... so am wondering if there is a smarter way of doing this. Of course the box is generic so may be just fine with the available codes but... tivoland never seems to work out that easy!

cheers,
Grant