PDA

View Full Version : Season Passes

MrGadget
03-09-2004, 05:34 AM
I've noticed that Season Passes don't seem to update when new guide data is loaded.
Perhaps I'm not waiting long enough (I updated last night about 8pm, and 18 hours later still nothing) - but existing season passes tell me there are no shows scheduled - however if I go into them, select upcoming episodes, it see's the next one and asks me if I would like to record this also...
Should this not be automatic (?!) or does it take longer than this to update ?

DavidSymons
03-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi MrGadget,

Hmm strange.

It doesn't usually take this long (I think you're up to ~30 hours now) - for my TiVo anyway. I kick off a daily call during an evening then usually there is nothing in the ToDo list the next morning but by the time I get back from work it's usually all there. Hence it takes between 10 and 20 hours.

You could try forcing a reindex:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Howto/ForceIndexing

Failing that have a look for errors in the log files on the TiVo (in /var/log). In particular the "tverr" file.

Cheers, Dave.

MrGadget
03-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Hmmn - the tverr log shows the following...

Sep 3 18:47:46 (none) TmkTransform::Trace[128]: Have a buffer (0) with zero segmentsDid someone zero memory?
Sep 3 18:47:46 (none) TmkTransform::Trace[128]: leaking buffers = pt->theBuf = 0x30301000. Trying to recover.
Sep 3 18:48:39 (none) last message repeated 6 times
Sep 3 18:48:39 (none) last message repeated 6 times

Doesn't sound that good,,, related ?
Perhaps I should clear all my season passes and start again...(?)

DavidSymons
03-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Hi MrGadget,

No those errors are red herrings. They are seen on a normally functioning OzTiVo.

Re-creating the SPs is a good idea. Maybe do a couple of test ones (upcoming shows) to see what happens. You should see them in the ToDo list within a couple of minutes.

Did you try the force_index?

Cheers, Dave.

MrGadget
05-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Good to know not to worry about those errors :-)

Yes, I tried forcing an index, but no change.
I also deleted all of my season passes and started fresh, but most are still sitting there showing 'none scheduled' (even though going into some of them shows 1 upcoming episode).
As you can imagine this is rather frustrating.... :(
I have just added in the news as a season pass - it shows in the To Do list almost immediated with 'none scheduled' and four upcoming episodes - I'll give it until tomorrow and see if this changes.... I suspect it wont.

Update: Actually I read elsewhere that this problem has been resolved by either...
1 - "Clear program information and To Do List"
or
2 = A complete reset (last resort as it wipes everything).

I'll try No 1 and advise success / failure.... wish me luck!

MrGadget
05-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Indeed doing the "Clear program information and To Do List" seems to have fixed the problem - The news now shows the next four episodes - as you would expect.
Thanks for the help :)

DavidSymons
05-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi MrGadget,

Glad to hear you've found the issue.

Cheers, Dave.