PDA

View Full Version : Hard drive not recognized on replacement motherboard

andymoz
05-01-2018, 08:15 PM
With my original Tivo dead,I have picked up another unit and performed the chip mod.
I put my original (modified) drive in and Tivo boots up but I have a message
"A hardware problem has been detected which needs your attention.Until this problem is fixed,you will not be able to record programs or watch recordings.You will need to restart the Tivo Media Device now.If you see this message again even after the Media Device..."

I restarted several times.
Do I need to do a "Clear and Delete Everything"?

It let me do a guided setup which didn't fix the problem.
Thanks

Darren King
05-01-2018, 08:58 PM
That is perfectly normal and because the hard disk has a different TSN than the motherboard.

Do a full "Clear and delete everything" and the TiVo will write the TSN of the motherboard to the hard disk and all will be good.

Edit: and what is wrong with the original TiVo? Happy to take a look at it as I can usually revive them.

andymoz
05-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Hi Darren,I posted here regarding my previous (modified)Tivo a few weeks ago.
Following a power outage/possible surge, Tivo dead.
No green LED,no video.
Decided to have a go at modding another one and replace with my original(modded) drive.
I'll send you an email later tonight with more detailed(?) info. Interested to have it revived.
Cheers
Andrew

Darren King
06-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Email received and replied.

Cheers

andymoz
07-01-2018, 04:35 AM
That is perfectly normal and because the hard disk has a different TSN than the motherboard.

Do a full "Clear and delete everything" and the TiVo will write the TSN of the motherboard to the hard disk and all will be good.

Edit: and what is wrong with the original TiVo? Happy to take a look at it as I can usually revive them.

Well I tried that and now have lost all my recordings. :(
Was that meant to happen?
Fortunately I backed up the drive earlier.

Islander
07-01-2018, 05:15 AM
When it says everything.....
To recover your recordings you will need to repair your original board and connect your backup to it.