PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect time zone - post code issue?

mkhannah
30-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I've had my tivo modded and all is good except for the timezone which is currently 3 hours ahead. I'm in Perth, tivo postcode 6149. On the oztivo website it did say postcodes were being rolled out mid to late November so I have sat tight waiting to see if it would fix itself but it hasn't...

Now I believe a guided setup will rectify the problem however I think I read that doing that can cause you to lose the home network package for transferring files. I'm in no real hurry to fix the time issue so should I wait a while longer or do the guided setup and cross my fingers?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to the community for keeping our tivo alive.

Skutter
01-12-2017, 05:21 AM
Hi everyone,

I've had my tivo modded and all is good except for the timezone which is currently 3 hours ahead. I'm in Perth, tivo postcode 6149. On the oztivo website it did say postcodes were being rolled out mid to late November so I have sat tight waiting to see if it would fix itself but it hasn't...

Now I believe a guided setup will rectify the problem however I think I read that doing that can cause you to lose the home network package for transferring files. I'm in no real hurry to fix the time issue so should I wait a while longer or do the guided setup and cross my fingers?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to the community for keeping our tivo alive.

Guided setup won't lose the HNP. I've done it and didn't lose it. Only a clear and delete everything will lose it.

Make sure you have a backup made that includes the HNP. That way if something goes wrong down the track (like a hard drive failure), you can restore an image with the HNP.

pneumatic
01-12-2017, 10:26 AM
Hello

I am also having the same issue, but mine is only out by 30 minutes. Both the clock and guide data are out by the same amount so it still records programs fine, just the time displayed is wrong.

I was thinking of trying my capital city's postcode instead of my local one, is the best way to do that with "repeat guided setup"?

Thanks

Islander
01-12-2017, 04:31 PM
I was thinking of trying my capital city's postcode instead of my local one, is the best way to do that with "repeat guided setup"?

If you repeat guided setup you should do a 'Clear program information & To Do List' to ensure new guide data is loaded. (DON'T do a 'Clear & delete everything' as this will loose your MAK)

pneumatic
01-12-2017, 04:46 PM
If you repeat guided setup you should do a 'Clear program information & To Do List' to ensure new guide data is loaded. (DON'T do a 'Clear & delete everything' as this will loose your MAK)

Cheers, I'll give that a try later tonight and report back, hopefully I don't screw anything up :)

pneumatic
01-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Did repeat guided setup in order to change my postcode to capital city and now stuck on error S03 :(

Hopefully this is only happening because "the OzTiVo server tracks when was the last time it successfully sent guide data to each TiVo Serial Number (TSN), and will not resend guide data generated before that time. " (http://hd.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view/S3FAQ/S3MyTiVoHasWrongGuideData)

Will try again tomorrow.

Islander
02-12-2017, 05:51 AM
If the S03 error is still there you could try a totally different postcode and then back to your one.

pneumatic
02-12-2017, 10:05 AM
Yep that's what I ended up doing - couldn't go 24 hours not knowing if I had bricked my Tivo so just put it back to same local postcode and it's alive again :)

I might just wait a couple more weeks to see if OzTivo fixes the postcode timezones.

Failing that, it seems the correct procedure would be:

1̶.̶ ̶ ̶D̶i̶s̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶T̶i̶v̶o̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶n̶e̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶2̶4̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶s̶
2̶.̶ ̶ ̶R̶e̶p̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶G̶u̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶c̶o̶d̶e̶
3̶.̶ ̶ ̶C̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶ ̶&̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶

Nope, still with the S03 error. Perhaps it needs (3) before (2). Or maybe a longer time for (1) - I had left it 40 hours without connection.

edit2: According to Darren (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?2821-Update-advice-for-rookies-from-a-rookie&p=18374#post18374), (3) then (2) should be sufficient. I will try that later today.

pneumatic
06-12-2017, 12:38 PM
So I left it for another ~40hours without internet, then CPI&TDL, then repeat guided setup with new postcode. Still getting the S03 error during guided setup! The only way to recover it is to put the old postcode back in.

Now I'm thinking perhaps it needs to be left without internet for the full ~3.5 days until guide data would have actually run out.

Any other ideas?

edit: I tried putting in another state's capital city postcode (3000) and that has gotten it past the S03 error. Looks like it just needs to be changed to a different state and then back again.

mkhannah
06-12-2017, 03:11 PM
So I left it for another ~40hours without internet, then CPI&TDL, then repeat guided setup with new postcode. Still getting the S03 error during guided setup! The only way to recover it is to put the old postcode back in.

Now I'm thinking perhaps it needs to be left without internet for the full ~3.5 days until guide data would have actually run out.

Any other ideas?

edit: I tried putting in another state's capital city postcode (3000) and that has gotten it past the S03 error. Looks like it just needs to be changed to a different state and then back again.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have the HNP package and is it still there? Only reason I ask is that on the faq it says you can lose the networking package, but Skutter mentioned earlier in this thread that he still has his....and I need to take his advice and back up a disk image.

pneumatic
06-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Do you have the HNP package and is it still there? Only reason I ask is that on the faq it says you can lose the networking package, but Skutter mentioned earlier in this thread that he still has his....and I need to take his advice and back up a disk image.

I don't have the HNP so I can't comment sorry.

And it didn't work anyway: I changed to interstate postcode 3000 (which worked) then tried again my capital city (5000) and still the same S03 :( And yet, it still accepts my local 5xxx code (with wrong clock).

And btw the clock is exactly the same on postcode 3000 (off by half hour) so maybe 5000 wouldn't have fixed it anyway.

The curious thing is as it's connecting during guided setup with postcode 5000 the "loading info" gets all the way to about 75% and then suddenly S03's.

edit: tried a few other 5xxx postcodes around the CBD, none of which work. And yet my local 5xxx postcode which is a lot further from the CBD does work. btw the white debug "print to screen" text reports dial code 140 before I'm trying to connect.

Guess the only thing left to try now is leave it unplugged for 2.5 days until guide data runs out then try again.

edit 2: one curious thing I did notice is the dial code shows 140 in the system info page but shows 000 on the screen where you enter it. Maybe I need to enter 140 in there as well.

pneumatic
09-12-2017, 01:30 PM
So I waited till the guide data ran out (last night ~11pm) then waited overnight till 1:00pm today just be sure, empty season passes and to do list, manually set dial code to 140, check dial code is showing 140 (TFA=1) on system info page, then chose repeat guided setup, input postcode 5000, connecting to server, gets to 73% loading info and bong S03 :(

Anyone else out there successfully using postcode 5000?

viewer
10-12-2017, 09:37 AM
My data also ran out without refreshing, I went to the network tab, started it off, went back later to see it all finished. Looked at the guide...zippo. Told it to connect again, 2 days data this time.

I'm sure mine is not connecting every time, but the menu's get the ticks and the % graph grows showing it working.

Only by manual update though, not automatic like I believe it should...I wonder if this is why my season pass won't work?

mkhannah
02-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Not sure when this happened exactly, but about two weeks ago we noticed the time had fixed itself - or to be precise someone or something fixed it - so thanks!

DavidKeegel
03-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Not sure when this happened exactly, but about two weeks ago we noticed the time had fixed itself - or to be precise someone or something fixed it - so thanks!

Have a look at:
http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?2884-Time-30-minutes-ahead-on-two-modded-Tivo-HD-s&p=18793#post18793

You're welcome!

PS: You could have fixed it yourself before late March 2018 by doing Guided Setup with your capital city postcode (eg: 5000 or 6000).