PDA

View Full Version : How hard was it to get modded and up and running again?

viewer
25-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Just from my point of view, it was a fairly painless process on the 2 x TiVo's.

I simply had a mate do the chipping after getting the chips from Darren.

I prepared the usb drive as per the instructions so I could flash the drives

Removed the drives, flashed them.

I went into my menu's, and deleted all the season passes, saved thumbnails and other stuff.

I connected to the new server, and waited whilst it went through it's thing, it is a long process.

I also used 2000 postcode, not my actual 2450 one (some channels still don't have guides)

I have since tried a test recording, and all is fine.

If like me, you are not wanting to keep any previous recordings etc, then it was all pretty straight forward.....I wouldn't let some of the more technical posts on whirlpool put you off, as it is easy in most cases, I think.

Darren King
25-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Glad to hear you are up and running. It *IS* a relatively easy process and there are volunteers around Australia happy to help out if need be.

You are right about Whirlpool which is why I am now actively encouraging people to start coming over here. Not that I have anything against Whirlpool (I still hold mod rights and been around since 2002) but we have more scope over here to break up the discussions and not clog the AV Forum over on Whirlpool :)

andymoz
01-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Hi Darren,I managed to desolder the original ROM using Chip Qwik .Relatively simple,but I put too much around the chip and took ages to remove(didn't have access to desolder bulb) using desoldering braid.

On to soldering up the chip socket. :)
As far as the rest is concerned,I have a new HDD to put in once I have copied over old drive contents.
Thanks