PDA

View Full Version : Tivo Dead??

red hilux
20-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow, A TiVo forum :eek:

Hello Everyone

My name is Dave

I have 2 TiVo's and I convinced my mum to buy a TiVo a couple years back.

Mum's TiVo has possibly died. It doesn't do anything, no tv display at all.

Was it does do is a green flashing light on the front only. I can hear the hard drive spinning, the Ethernet lights are both staying on.

I have contacted TiVo. They said to unplug it for 6 hours, plug it back in and let it reboot. I had left it for nearly 24 hours, plugged it back in and Im getting the same response.

Has anyone else got any ideas??

Has the hard drive just crashed?? can I just replace it and Im done??

Thanks
Dave

petestrash
21-08-2013, 05:07 PM
When you first plug it in, do you get anything at all displayed on the TV?

red hilux
21-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi mate

I don't get any display at all. The only thing I get is a green flashing light on the front.

Is there a Repair agent in Perth??

petestrash
21-08-2013, 07:30 PM
I don't know of any, has TiVo suggested a local repairer?

This group does have a volunteer repair person who charges very reasonable rates, but he is located in Melbourne.

I suggest you contact Darren (http://www.kingey1971.com/tivo) to see if he has any advice for you.

red hilux
25-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Sorry for the late response, busy at work

Thanks mate. I will try him

red hilux
12-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Small update

I've sent mums TiVo to Darren for repairs, he is able to fix it, while working on that, he is sorting me out with 2 new hdd for my 2 tivo's

Just waiting for the works to be completed then happy days

Darren seems really good to deal with

Thanks for his recommendation, I would recommend also

Skolink
29-04-2015, 06:45 PM
I've just got the same thing on one of our TiVoHDs after it was switched off briefly. I revived it by heating the RAM chips with a hair dryer. Only a temporary fix until next time it gets switched off, but still a useful trick in case anyone else gets the same fault.