PDA

View Full Version : Time anomaly after Guided Setup

David Stott
16-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Another possible question for Wibble if others have experienced the same.

My previous guided setup (prior to loss of the Guide) and the one I did last night (after the Guide came back up) produced a very strange time scale of 5 hours earlier but on the same day (ie Perth time and date?). This was showing on System information AND Programs to be recorded. So programs actually recorded correctly but showing incorrect recording times. Using "settime" online fixed the System Date but not the recording times. Rebooting fixed the scheduled program times and all is now well.

Could this be related to the recent problem or is it something stupid I have done? I don't think I've had such an issue in the past.

David

Wibble
16-07-2013, 02:31 PM
It should not be related to the latest issue. As that was just a failure to generate the guide data.

As for the time issue, I don't know. Yiour best best would be searching this Forum.

I haven't used a Tivo for a few years and am a bit rusty :-)

NZMarke
16-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Another possible question for Wibble if others have experienced the same.

My previous guided setup (prior to loss of the Guide) and the one I did last night (after the Guide came back up) produced a very strange time scale of 5 hours earlier but on the same day (ie Perth time and date?). This was showing on System information AND Programs to be recorded. So programs actually recorded correctly but showing incorrect recording times. Using "settime" online fixed the System Date but not the recording times. Rebooting fixed the scheduled program times and all is now well.

Could this be related to the recent problem or is it something stupid I have done? I don't think I've had such an issue in the past.

David

Hi David

I got the same issue when I checked again at home. Call was successful and have guide data OK. But looks like there's simply no data prior to Wed am (I.e everything starts from midnight tonight -Tue 16th. Odd but I guess it will come right. Perhaps that was the issue you were seeing too?

Cheers

Mark

David Stott
17-07-2013, 04:09 AM
Hi Mark

I also was missing data between Monday am and Wednesday am. But that was not the issue I was attempting to describe. It was that all the data and my system date had been changed by -5 hours. So TV1 Six O'clock News was showing at 1:00pm (on all future days). But since the system time was also -5 hours it would actually record at the correct time. I think it's a bit suspicious that it's Perth time but beyond that have no explanation. As I said simply resetting the time and rebooting made everything normal again.

If no one else had this happen, then it's clearly just me. My second TiVo decided to die at the exact same time (possibly just a capacitor problem or something as unplugging and replugging in power powers it up for a few minutes and then it powers off just before it finishes rebooting) so I couldn't check myself whether it is just that TiVo.

So perhaps others could positively confirm that this definitely didn't happen to them.

David

NZMarke
18-07-2013, 02:21 PM
I think my issue was mostly that I was missing data. But the time was also out on my Tivo as well ... so that was confusing me. I did a settime (as you'd described) to reset the system time (and -rtc to set the h/w clock - I'm assuming that's what the -rtc option does?). On rebooting again I had all sorts of weirdness - my Tivo said it hadn't make a successful call in over 30 days and nothing would work until I made sure it was able to call successfully. I couldn't then pop up the "Currently Running" lists, or access any of the other functionality. I then rebooted again, and the time was out again, but I could see listings. So I reset the time again, rebooted, and this time everything was AOK.

All I can think of is that the guide data needed to be reindexed and that process happened somewhere in the settime/reboot sequence and ultimately brought everything right.

Anyway - it's all working fine now. So .. I may have experienced something similar to you .. and it may be that it was to do with running out of guide data, then getting guide data that was "future" only, and having to reindex or something. Who knows. It is working OK now anyway.

Hope that answers your question(s)?

Cheers David,

Mark

David Stott
20-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Didn't know about -rtc, Mark , and as you say it sounds very like it stands for real time clock. Maybe my TiVo originally came from Perth and it's always been like that. I'll try adding that next time I do a time reset (roll on daylight saving) and see if that makes a difference next time I have to do a GS.

Thanks

David

Skolink
05-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I'll try adding that next time I do a time reset (roll on daylight saving)
Do you realise you can replace the timezone file ("Auckland") with an updated one so that it automatically changes correctly?