PDA

View Full Version : ipad app - getting closer ?

durham70
02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
The latest version of the app – v2.0.2(7144) – identifies the Australian box :) ,accepts the Australia MAK :) ,says setup is Ready :) but then doesn't connect :(

Comes up with "Connecting to "DVR-2928" on the local network..."

and then

"Your box is not responding/ Press 'OK' to retry the connection."

The Tivo site (http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1921) suggests that if it comes up as DVR-XXXX this is due to a failure with Bonjour Discovery on your network but that the Tivo app can still connect in this state (except it doesn't).

Would be interested in anyones thoughts as to whether this is progress or whether people think the 'problem' lies with the software on the Australian box ?

petestrash
04-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Most of the TiVo apps I have looked at use Celestron control codes which have not been implemented on Australian TiVo's, and are unlikely to be incorporated give the lack of development from Hybrid.

The actual app from TiVo relies on both Celestron codes, unique codes and also the TiVo US server, which does not support our TSN's

Depends on what features your after, some apps do work like "peanut remote" from memory.

Peter.

durham70
05-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Peter

If you turn network control on from the menu on the Australian TiVo the US app gets far further than it used to - you don't need to log in to the website now for it to start talking to the TiVo

petestrash
05-11-2012, 06:14 AM
I didn't notice any difference to last time I tried it. I have had network control on since it was added. network control uses the telnet protocol and this is what the other apps like peanut remote use to get some funtionality on our TiVos.

Pete.

durham70
05-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Previously when i tried it it wanted me to log in to the US server / website first which was a dead end

After upgrading to the latest version of the TiVo app it no longer required that and actually identifies the TiVo on the network and connects

cheers
David