PDA

View Full Version : Tivo 320 NZ upgrade to 1 TB

antcj
06-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Hi to all.
Im new to Tivo, and this site so be gentle :)

I have a NZ series 3 320 tivo. no mods done.
I have seen instructions posted at various sites for the upgrade process, but none specifically say that this will work on the NZ tivo , one being endgadget, all using WinMFS.

Does anyone have info on this re NZ tivos , will it work, anything specific to be done?
links would be appreciated

cheers
Ant

Skolink
06-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Although I still haven't upgraded my own TiVoHD, it works on NZ TiVoHD and is quite easy. Just use WinMFS to do a backup and restore, or disk-to-disk copy if you want to keep your shows.

antcj
06-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Although I still haven't upgraded my own TiVoHD, it works on NZ TiVoHD and is quite easy. Just use WinMFS to do a backup and restore, or disk-to-disk copy if you want to keep your shows.

Thanks for that. Do u have any preferred /recommended sites which give details to do this?
Can i do it with win7?

Skolink
07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Just use the guide on the mfslive website http://www.mfslive.org/winmfs/
I think in Win7 you need to run WinMFS with administative privaledges (not just be logged in as an administrator) for the drive to be accessible.

Skolink
07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Just follow the WinMFS 9.3f guide on the MFSlive website. I can't post the link or my reply doesn't show up.
In Win7 you need to run WinMFS with administrative rights, not just be logged on as an administrator, otherwise the drive will not be visible.

antcj
07-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Cool thanks for the help

catdog
12-07-2011, 01:04 PM
You should use WinMFS Beta 9.3g (for Australian Tivos), not 9.3f. Also, if you want to use a Western Digital green drive, then you need to disable the Intellipark feature using wdidle3.exe.

I have successfully upgraded two NZ tivos using 1.5 TB Western Digital drives (although it is limited to using ~1.4TB)

catdog
12-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Useful link to upgrade instructions and options:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=370784#S5

Link to WinMFS download (requires registration):
http://www.mfslive.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=976

antcj
12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
You should use WinMFS Beta 9.3g (for Australian Tivos), not 9.3f. Also, if you want to use a Western Digital green drive, then you need to disable the Intellipark feature using wdidle3.exe.

I have successfully upgraded two NZ tivos using 1.5 TB Western Digital drives (although it is limited to using ~1.4TB)

Thanks, for taking the time to reply.
Out of curiosity who is the 9.3f aimed at?

The drive i have is a hitachi 1 TB

CheshireCat
27-07-2011, 02:02 PM
There is a guy on TradeMe who is offering a service to upgrade TiVos to 1TB. He keeps the old drive - but he claims the new drive is PVR-rated so its not as bad as it could be. Might be a better option if you're not comfortable with the process.

antcj
27-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks Steve. Ive seen his adds. As I have the HDD already i will be doing it myself, time is currently a factor tho. Juts gotta be careful not to erase the original is all.