PDA

View Full Version : iTivo & now playing widget create empty download files but previously worked fine

rockycape
01-07-2011, 07:54 AM
I have a Australian TivoHD with networking package. On my Mac I have iTivo & now playing widget. The last two months or so when I attempt to pull a recorded tv show from my TivoHD to my Mac it will not work. What happens is that iTivo starts the download but then the time to download just gets longer and longer and the download does not proceed. What happens with "now playing widget" is that when I click on download it starts and then signal it is complete almost instantaneously. Now Playing Widget creates just a empty file in the download location.

Does anyone still successfully download from Australian TivoHD to a Mac with iTivor or now playing widget?

Thanks,

rocky

petestrash
01-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Do you have the same problem across all channels?

Peter

rockycape
01-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes, none of the recorded programs regardless of channel are downloading.

rocky

petestrash
04-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Ok, lets see if you can download it manually from your TiVo bypassing TiVo Desktop.

First find the IP address of your tivo unit form the networking screen.
type it into your web browsers address bar, but use this format.

https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Replace the x's with your IP address.

You should be prompted for a user name and password.

user name is: tivo (lowercase)
password is: your MAK.

Once you are into the tivo, you should see a list of recordings displayed.
there will be two options for downloading these files.
one is download MPEG-TS the other is download MPEG-PS.

PS and TS are short for Program Stream and Transport Stream.

Generally the PS files are heaps easier to edit and work with, but TS can usually download quicker.

Peter.

PS. I probably should have also asked if you have rebooted your TiVo recently, as stuck downloads can block it from downloading further shows.

rockycape
05-07-2011, 08:10 AM
I had re-started the Tivo on on a couple of occasions as part of the problem solving steps I had gone through before posting with no change. However, on Sunday night, I did a big clean up and deleted a whole bunch of shows including about three months of rage music video. (i have the 1TB extender and it was quite full) Next I restarted the Tivo as per your suggestion.

Web access to Tivo was successful so I tried iTivo and now playing widget and they were back working which is great.

Thanks for your help Peter, I'm very happy to have that functionality back.

rocky