PDA

View Full Version : Another unhappy tivo owner

jdove
26-12-2010, 02:31 PM
We purchased our tivo 2 weeks ago set it up activated our account and got it working ok (we got confirmation email that our account has been activated)recorded a few shows set up season pass etc.
After a week got messages asking us to activate our account,so we tried but was unable yo do any thing as tivo says the account is activated.
Now this stupid tivo mob have suspended our already active account as its not been activated?????????????
So again we try to activate it ,but same thing the account is already actvated so we are unable to do any thing and yet our account is suspended so we have now got nothing more than a very expensive set top box.
And of course I now find out this tivo mob have NO PHONE SUPPORT email only. with all the holidays we wont be able to get any help as they want two days to reply to each email What a load of rubbish.
So we send the email and get a computer reply to confirm they have our email and then we get a garbled email we are unable to read.So what now?? We tried the retailer and all we got was good luck trying to deal with Tivo.I wish they told us that before.
I also wish we had read this forum before as we would not have purchased this piece of rubbish.
SO BE WARNED.

petestrash
26-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Regardless of what the retailer says, under Australian law they are responsible for the products they sell.

So if you want to get rid of it, return it to them as not being fit for the purpose it has been sold for. Either for a refund or swap with another unit. You are unlikely to have the same problem again with a different serial number.

Unfortunately phone support was discontinued earlier this month.

Peter.

jdove
26-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the reply Peter. Has this problem occurred before that you know of and is there anything you can suggest to get it going again. when we lodged the e-mail inquiry we received an automated / do not reply e-mail with ref. no. the second paragraph stated "when you receive your new TIVO do not activate, we will take care of this for you. " So my quesstion is - has there been a run of faulty units and have TIVO been replacing units. THANKS

petestrash
26-12-2010, 08:00 PM
As with all consumer products, there are always faulty units being exchanged. I don't think the incidence is particularly high given how many have been sold.

It does appear some idiot has entered your Serial number into their system by mistake (probably a Typo) which has de-registered your TiVo.

Customer Support for TiVo here is woeful at best, and fairly non existent for the next couple of days at least.

Usually this type of issue can be fairly quickly fixed as it is obviously an issue at their server not your unit.

Peter.

jdove
27-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks Peter

We will wait a few days with the hope that we may make contact with Tivo before new years eve. and that they will be able to get our account working again.
We went back to the retailer today and they have said they will refund or swap if we have no luck with Tivo or we change our mind and just want to take it back.

THANKS.