PDA

View Full Version : TivoHD - Wireless Repeater & Tivo Desktop issue

JustinD
18-06-2010, 08:32 AM
My tivoHD has always shown marginal wireless strength from my wireless router. It hasn't really been an issue yet, but I thought, given I might use CASPA downloads at some point in the future when I change ISPs, I could augment my network a little. (actually I also did this for my Squeezebox setup too - but I digress).

Anyway, I have been able to setup my TivoHD connecting to my wireless repeater (WRT54G V5 with WRT-DD on repeater-bridge mode). This then connects to my router (WRT54GL with Tomato). It has enabled me to have a stronger signal and tivo service connections, etc operates quicker, etc.

The problem I have is that although my tivo can download epg, TivoHD complains it cannot see the Tivo Desktop 2.8 operating on my server (which is connected by CAT5 to my router). I have had absolutely no luck. Does anyone have any idea why this wouldn't work or any workarounds? I can only guess that my problem might be due to the desktop software using Bonjour and that somehow that setup prevents such setups as mine.

Any thoughts/help appreciated.

Skolink
21-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Sounds like your wireless network is functioning fine. I assume it passes all ethernet (layer 2) traffic, not just selected ethernet traffic or IP protocols/ports?
Can you ping your TiVo from your PC?
Are you running any security or firewall software on your PC?
Have you registered your TiVo on the 'mytivo' website then typed (not copy/paste) the MAK from the website into Tivodesktop on your PC?

JustinD
28-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Sorry for not responding earlier. Its working now. Not sure what the issue was - maybe it just took some time to see each other across the network? Not really sure.
thanks