PDA

View Full Version : Win a TiVoHD

Skolink
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
TiVo was on the Good Morning show today. In our opinion Robbee Minicola failed to explain TiVo's TV viewing awesomeness, and instead answered every question by going on about video on demand. She basically described it as a rent-a-movie device with some additional features.

Anyways, New Zealanders can enter to win a TiVoHD (with 6 months free Telescum subscription).
http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/tuesday-1-december-3147439
The competition link is under 'related links' on RHS panel.

Wanted
02-12-2009, 04:39 AM
You need to know a question they asked which I am guessing was on TV yesterday when most are working :(

TerminalAddict
02-12-2009, 05:43 AM
what was the question man? :) I could use a second tivohd

Skolink
02-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Don't be greedy paul ;)
You could watch it 'Ondemand' on that page, but to save you from Robbee Minicola's poor explanation of what TiVo is, here is the relevant info:

Question: What is TiVo's safe parent control feature called?
Answer: KidZone

Wanted
02-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks for that, I have entered and owe you one if I win.

CheshireCat
02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I was afraid of this - because the video-on-demand rental feature is their ongoing revenue stream, they are pushing this to the exclusion of all the other features. This also gives rise to the FUD when they insist you MUST have Telecom broadband to use Tivo (you only need telecom if you want the on-demand, of course). I hope TivoNZ doesnt suffer from the abysmal marketing that killed of S1 Tivos in the UK (although I hear that they are trying again in the UK with S3 Tivos and cable TV support next year)

petestrash
03-12-2009, 03:12 AM
Why does the contest form ask if you want more info from LG?

Surely they should be asking if you wanted to know more about TiVo.

Peter.

TerminalAddict
03-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Don't be greedy paul ;)
You could watch it 'Ondemand' on that page, but to save you from Robbee Minicola's poor explanation of what TiVo is, here is the relevant info:

Question: What is TiVo's safe parent control feature called?
Answer: KidZone

ta ;)

fingers crossed