PDA

View Full Version : Some icons appear to be broken

CheshireCat
13-10-2009, 08:10 AM
It seems some of the icons are missing.
Particularly in the User control panel, Profile settings, and the individual user info, also the 'reload' image while posting, and so on. Maybe the theme is missing some items, or the permissions on the image files are messed up?

Thanks...

petestrash
14-10-2009, 05:47 PM
I've just had a quick look though the control panel settings, but have not found any broken icons.

Can you give a specific broken icon.

What browser are you using? have you tried using the refresh button which should reload the icons.

Peter.

CheshireCat
08-11-2009, 05:36 PM
(sorry for the late reply, been offline for a while)

I've been using both IE and Avant (a wrapper around IE) and it happens in both. Refreshes etc all have no help - many icons work, but some stubbornly will not.

I authenticate via Facebook so maybe it is something to do with that?

For example, this page (newreply.php) everything displays correctly bar the Reload icon (images/misc/navbits_finallink_ltr.gif) even though the folder icon (images/misc/navbits_start.gif) displays fine so its not a base or path issue.

Since I can't believe that this problem would be still around unfixed if it were affecting everyone, my only guess is that its something to do with the authentication method.

Steve

petestrash
08-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Sorry I cannot see the issues you are describing using either Firefox 3.5.4 or IE 8.0.

As you have said no one else has mentioned this issue, so we have to assume it is your end.

Thanks for reporting it though.

Peter.

CheshireCat
16-02-2010, 01:09 PM
For followup information: with the new board software, this problem no longer exists for me. My guess is it may have been something in the web server which prevented too many connections form the same place, or had too short a timeout for high latency links? Whatever it was, all is OK now. Thanks for the new software, it is better...