PDA

View Full Version : A NuBi question RE: Season Passes vs Wishlists

ScubaGary
14-07-2004, 03:46 PM
I have looked around but cannot find a diffinitive(hic) answer:

Can someone tell me the difference between a "Season Pass" and a "Wishlist".

They both seem to do the same thing ???

Gary Giles

tenty
14-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Seasons Passes record everything with that name.
I take the classic example of Simpsons. If the simpsons are on, it will only record the Simpsons, and nothing else.

A wishlist however can work off Directors, Actors, Guests, Hosts, Title, or Description or category.

So following on from above, if I entered in Matt Groening I would record not only Simpsons, but Futurama as well.

Following another example:

Season Pass: "Who's line is it anyway?"
Will not record "The Drew Carey Show" as well.

However, setting up a Wishlist of "Drew Carey" will match both of them.

Does that explain wishlists?

Cheers

ScubaGary
14-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Thanks,

I understand now, I think, but it seems that season passes are far less usefull than wishlists.

If I get it correctly if the title of the show changes from "Simpsons" to "Simpsons Halloween Special" then it will not record from a season pass but a wishlist for "simpsons" would record it.

Gary Giles

tenty
14-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Seasons Passes are Specific.

"The Simpsons" should always be "The Simpsons" as a title, and "Halloween Special" should be it's episode name.

It just means that if you want to record *shrugs* "Law & Order SVU" but not "Law & Order Criminal Intent" (Not that I know the difference) you can. Or if you want to record "The Simpsons Hour" as opposed to just the normal episodes of "The Simpsons" because you have them all on DVD, you can do that too ;)

ScubaGary
15-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks tenty,

I think I get it now.

I set up a couple of wishlists and season passes last night and all the wishlists recorded but not the season passes as they also seem to be channel specific as in the list they have eg: (TV1) written next to the season pass and the shows I wanted were not on TV1 today but on Fox8.